Announcement: Liferay Faces 3.x / 2.x GA5 Released
Company Blogs February 19, 2014 By Neil Griffin Staff
On February 15, 2014 Liferay released the 5th General Availability (GA) version of Liferay Faces:
|Liferay Faces 3.2.4-ga5||JSF 2.1 + Liferay Portal 6.2 *NEW*||Release Notes|
|Liferay Faces 3.1.4-ga5||JSF 2.1 + Liferay Portal 6.1||Release Notes|
|Liferay Faces 3.0.4-ga5||JSF 2.1 + Liferay Portal 6.0||Release Notes|
|Liferay Faces 3.0.4-legacy-ga5||JSF 2.1 + Liferay Portal 5.2||Release Notes|
|Liferay Faces 2.2.4-ga5||JSF 1.2 + Liferay Portal 6.2 *NEW*||Release Notes|
|Liferay Faces 2.1.4-ga5||JSF 1.2 + Liferay Portal 6.1||Release Notes|
Please refer to the Liferay Faces Version Scheme wiki article for a detailed explanation of the version numbering.
Support For Liferay Portal 6.2
This is the first release of Liferay Faces that has been certified as being compatibile with the new Liferay Portal 6.2 CE GA1 and 6.2 EE GA1 release
Developers can use version 3.2.4-ga5 for JSF 2.1, or version 2.2.4-ga5 for JSF 1.2
- In order to upgrade portlets to Liferay Portal 6.2 compatibility, the DTD version numbers inside the of the Liferay XML descriptors should be updated:
<!DOCTYPE display PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Display 6.2.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-display_6_2_0.dtd"> <!DOCTYPE hook PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Hook 6.2.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-hook_6_2_0.dtd"> <!DOCTYPE liferay-portlet-app PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Portlet Application 6.2.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-portlet-app_6_2_0.dtd">
Developers should read the new Migrating From Liferay Faces 3.1 to Liferay Faces 3.2/4.2 section in the Developer's Guide. Specifically, JSF portlets require the following option in the WEB-INF/liferay-portlet.xml descriptor:
- The feature in Liferay Faces Bridge that detects duplicate versions of JSF resources in the <head>...<head> section of the portal page does not work with the out-of-the-box Liferay+Tomcat bundle. The reason why is because Liferay Portal 6.2 has a revamped "parallel rendering" engine that attempts to render portlets in parallel (rather than in serial) by default. Developers can add p_p_parallel=0 to the initial HTTP GET portal page URL to disable parallel rendering on a page-by-page basis, or it can be disabled globally by setting the value of the following property in the portal-ext.properties file:
- The following JSF Portlet Maven Archetypes have been updated to use version 3.2.4-ga5 Maven dependencies:
- In addition, the JSF Portlet Ivy Templates in the Plugins SDK have been updated to use version 3.2.4-ga5 Ivy dependencies.
- Liferay IDE 2.0 lets developers choose either Maven or Ivy as the project build type. New projects will be created from the aforementioned JSF Portlet Maven Archetypes and Ivy Templates will be used automatically when new JSF portlets are created via the wizard.
This is a maintenance release that has 35+ bug fixes and 15+ features/improvements.
WebLogic 12c / 11g
New Demo: primefaces4-portlet
Thanks to everyone in the community that reported issues, contributed patches, and participated in the forums!