Announcement: Liferay Faces 3.1.2-ga3 Released
Company Blogs June 3, 2013 By Neil Griffin Staff
On June 1, 2013 Liferay released the 3rd General Availability (GA) release of Liferay Faces:
- Liferay Faces 3.1.2-ga3 (JSF 2.1 + Liferay 6.1.x)
- Liferay Faces 3.0.2-ga3 (JSF 2.1 + Liferay 6.0.x)
- Liferay Faces 3.0.2-legacy-ga3 (JSF 2.1 + Liferay 5.2.x)
- Liferay Faces 2.1.2-ga3 (JSF 1.2 + Liferay 6.1.x)
Please refer to the Liferay Faces Version Scheme wiki article for a detailed explanation of the version numbering.
New Feature: CDI Support
Critical Bug Fixes
- [FACES-224] JSF 2.x f:viewParam feature not working due to RenderRequestPhaseListener stopping lifecycle phase execution after RESTORE_VIEW phase
- [FACES-257] Bridge generates URLs that can be incompatible with Liferay friendly URLs
- [FACES-1463] References to BridgeRequestScope instances causing memory leak
- [FACES-1470] Memory leak for RequestScoped, SessionScoped, and ViewScoped managed-beans when running under Mojarra + JBoss AS
- [FACES-1496] Memory leak with Mojarra and JSF2 resources
- [FACES-1591] ViewExpiredException when Ajax is used on WebLogic
We have strengthened our commitment to quality with a new suite of automated integration tests that utilize Selenium via Arquillian. The tests exercise the Liferay Faces demo portlets and also verify bug fixes with issue tester portlets. For example, the FACES-257 Selenium Test exercises the FACES-257-portlet in order to verify that f:viewParam is working in conjuntion with Liferay friendly URLs.
Thanks to everyone in the community that reported issues, contributed patches, and participated in the forums!