Liferay source code history - a piece of art
Company Blogs January 14, 2013 By Milen Dyankov Staff
Ever wandered what it takes to build a product like Liferay? Let me show you in a ... very visual way. Please sit comfortably and watch how the time flies (not to mention the developers) and several years of source code history draws an extraordinary picture in just 8 minutes:
- animation created by Gource - tool which displays software projects as an animated tree with the root directory of the project at its centre. Directories appear as branches with files as leaves. Developers can be seen working on the tree at the times they contributed to the project.
- source code history based on commits in Liferay's master branch
- the developers avatars comes from Gravatar
- Background music by www.RoyaltyFreeKings.com
- everything put together in OpenShot