Service Builder chapter (new) in Liferay 6.1 Development Guide
General Blogs August 19, 2013 By Jesse Rao
We just published a new chapter in the Liferay 6.1 Development Guide on Service Builder! In this chapter, we discuss a number of ways Service Builder can help you save development time on Liferay projects. We cover the following Service Builder topics:
- Defining an object-relational map via service.xml
- Generating complete model, persistence, and service layers for your application along with specific extension points
- Generating Spring and Hibernate configurations
- Generating database agnostic finder methods
- Enabling entity caching
- Writing and calling local Liferay services
- Writing remote Liferay services and exposing them via SOAP or JSON
- Using model hints
- Using custom SQL queries and dynamic query with Service Builder
This chapter also guides you through the creation of an example portlet project, so you can see Service Builder in action.
Special thanks to Jim Hinkey for reviewing and updating this chapter and its code examples and to Rich Sezov for guiding the chapter's development.