toggle
Sreeranj S
Error when try to login as LDAP user in Liferay 5.2.2
April 28, 2009 7:24 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am getting the error given below when I try to login as an ldap user in liferay 5.2.2, I am able to connect to ldap and it displays the ldap users when I click on the test ldap users.
When I try to login as ldap users with correct user name and password it takes me to the page http://localhost:8080/c and displays the error message given below. But if typed the incorrect password it says the authentication failure error on the top of login portlet.

An unexpected system error occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried to connect to two different ldap servers and I get the same error.

Given below is the partial output from the catalina.out

14:20:35,577 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10182
14:20:35,579 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
14:20:35,580 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home?p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&saveLastPath=0&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin
14:20:35,582 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
14:20:35,583 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:149)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor._processEvent(EventsProcessor.java:141)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor._process(EventsProcessor.java:118)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor.process(EventsProcessor.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:693)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:147)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:273)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1688)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1068)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:146)
... 41 more

Did anybody faced same sort of issue before, please let me know if anybody can provide me a solution for it.

Thanks.
Sreeranj S
RE: Error when try to login as LDAP user in Liferay 5.2.2
May 1, 2009 11:29 PM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

More details on my previous post.

The error occurs when the export option is enabled in the LDAP settings in LIfreay. Once the export(Liferay settings) is enabled the newly created user in LDAP server(after the export is enabled) will be unable to login and will give an error .

An unexpected system error occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException

Once this error appears no user will be shown in the control panel ->users. I am attaching the screen shot of it.
I tried clearing the cache and others from the Server administrator tab, but still the users are not appearing in the Control panel ->users list.
Attachment

Attachments: users.png (109.9k)
Amos Fong
May 4, 2009 3:36 PM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I would try leaving export off, then go your user table and delete any user which doesn't have a contact associated with it. (ie select * from user_ where not exists (select * from contact_ where contact_.contactid = user_.contactid); )

THen try to reimport your users from LDAP
Sreeranj S
May 5, 2009 6:44 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

Thank s Amos,

I have tried the method you have suggested, and recreating the user will enable the new user to login, but the User list is still empty in liferay(but can list the users when search made with *), Is there a way to force reimport the users from LDAP. so that all the users will show up in Liferay users list
Amos Fong
May 5, 2009 11:24 AM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Try doing a reindex from control panel > server administration
Sreeranj S
May 6, 2009 4:45 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

I already tried reindexing it as I mentioned in my 2nd post, but it didn't help.

Thanks,
Sreeranj
Amos Fong
May 6, 2009 4:24 PM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

are you still getting the nullpointerexceptions? if yes, are they referring to contact?
Sreeranj S
May 7, 2009 12:13 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

No, I have disabled the export option, then removed the user from the database table(User_). Then imported the LDAP users(Import enabled for every 5 minutes). Later I re indexed the search, and restarted the appserver, Then the user list appears in Liferay.

But if the export is not enabled, user will be unable to change the password from Liferay as password it will not sync with LDAP. When the export is enabled we will get the null point exception when a new user is added.
Amos Fong
May 7, 2009 10:03 AM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Sreeranj S:
But if the export is not enabled, user will be unable to change the password from Liferay as password it will not sync with LDAP. When the export is enabled we will get the null point exception when a new user is added.

You can find a fix for this bug in this ticket:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2755
Sreeranj S
May 11, 2009 2:05 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

Hi Amos,

Thank you,

I have gone through the LPS-2755, but I was unable to find the files specified, in liferay. where are the files UserListener.java and PortalLDAPUtil.java located,

when I unjar portal.impl I was able to find those files but they are class file, Is that correct?

Could you please let me know where exactly are those files located in Liferay?

Thanks,
Sreeranj.S
Amos Fong
May 11, 2009 9:38 AM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

when I unjar portal.impl I was able to find those files but they are class file, Is that correct?

that's correct.

I have gone through the LPS-2755, but I was unable to find the files specified, in liferay. where are the files UserListener.java and PortalLDAPUtil.java located,

Could you please let me know where exactly are those files located in Liferay?

These are the paths to the files.

portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/model/UserListener.java
portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/security/ldap/PortalLDAPUtil.java

You will need to either modify the files via the extension environment or download the 5.2.2 source code and modify and recompile.
Sreeranj S
May 30, 2009 2:32 AM
Answer

Sreeranj S

Recent Posts

Hi Amos,

I checked the LDAP connection with Liferay 5.2.3, and it seems it works well, the synchronization works very good.
But if I try to create a user without job title, I am getting Users is temporarily unavailable, When I checked the logs, there also it is showing error stating the title value as null. But the user is not created in database tables(both user_ and contact_) so I think only the error(Users is temporarily unavailable) is showing incorrectly.

Same thing will happen when a user try to make the title field null, error showing is My account is temporarily unavailable. But during the next import from ldap the title value is reverted back to the old value from LDAP.

This is not a major issue effecting the normal operation of the portal, but I just want to let you know this issue and see if this is normal or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Sreeranj.S
Fernando Salazar De Paz
August 6, 2009 3:54 AM
Answer

Fernando Salazar De Paz

Recent Posts

Amos Fong:
You can find a fix for this bug in this ticket:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2755

Hi Amos

Is it fixed for 5.2.3 ? I suppose so but I have just installed 5.2.3 and I am getting the same error. If I uncheck Export everything is ok but leaving it checked I get a NullPointer Exception.

Thanks in advance
Amos Fong
August 6, 2009 10:21 AM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Fernando,

Yes, it should be fixed for 5.2.3. Did you upgrade from 5.2.3 or start fresh with it. It could be caused by a different issue. Please post your entire stack trace.
Fernando Salazar De Paz
August 12, 2009 1:36 AM
Answer

Fernando Salazar De Paz

Recent Posts

Hi Amos

Excuse me for the delay. I am also struggling with Alfresco and I have just came back to Alfresco.
It is a fresh 5.2.3 installation. I have tried with Apache Directory and OpenLDAP.
Using Windows XP and latest service packs.
Java jdk1.6.0_14

I think the problem cames when I check Export option. Leaving it unchecked I can log with fresh users from my LDAP without any trouble. If I check the Export option and I try to log with a user not already in Liferay I get the NullPointer Exception. Previous users can log normally but this user becomes unavailable even If later on I uncheck the export option.

The stack trace is shown below

1Loading jar:file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/content-types
  2.properties
  308:06:59,312 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1153] Reloading repositories
  4Loading file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp/0-chat-portlet/WEB-INF/classes/portlet.properties
  508:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1347] Checking for available updates
  608:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1391] Finished checking for available updates in 0 ms
  708:27:29,109 ERROR [UserImpl:109] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
  8com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
  9        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:286)
 10        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(ContactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
 11        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor130.invoke(Unknown Source)
 12        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 13        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 14        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
 15        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
 16        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
 17        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
 18        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 19        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
 20        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 21        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
 22        at $Proxy17.getContact(Unknown Source)
 23        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(ContactLocalServiceUtil.java:84)
 24        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:104)
 25        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:845)
 26        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticate(LDAPAuth.java:213)
 27        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
 28        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
 29        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
 30        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
 31        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
 32        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 33        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
 34        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 35        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 36        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
 37        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
 38        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
 39        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
 40        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 41        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
 42        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 43        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
 44        at $Proxy70.authenticateByScreenName(Unknown Source)
 45        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
 46        at com.liferay.portlet.login.util.LoginUtil.login(LoginUtil.java:165)
 47        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.login(LoginAction.java:146)
 48        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
 49        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
 50        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)
 51        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
 52        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
 53        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:632)
 54        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
 55        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
 56        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
 57        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:428)
 58        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)
 59        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
 60        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
 61        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
 62        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
 63        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
 64        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
 65        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
 66        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
 67        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
 68        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
 69        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 70        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
 71        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
 72        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
 73        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
 74        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
 75        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
 76        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
 77        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 78        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 79        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
 80        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 81        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 82        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 83        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 84        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
 85        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 86        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 87        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 88        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
 89        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 90        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 91        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 92        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 93        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
 94        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 95        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 96        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 97        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 98        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
 99        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
100        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
101        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
102        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
103        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
104        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
105        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
106        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
107        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
108        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
109        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
110        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
111        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
112        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
113        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
114        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
115        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
116        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
117        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
118        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
119        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
120        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
121        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
122        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
123        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
124        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
125        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
126        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
127        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
128        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
129        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
130        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
131        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
132        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
133        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
134        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
135        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
136        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
137        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
138        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
139        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
140        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
141        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
142        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
143        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
144        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
145        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
146        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
147        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
14808:27:29,109 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:888] Error updating user with screen name dflanvin and email address dflanvin@uniovi.es
149java.lang.NullPointerException
150        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1037)
151        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:849)
152        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticate(LDAPAuth.java:213)
153        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
154        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
155        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
156        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
157        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
158        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
159        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
160        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
161        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
162        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
163        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
164        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
165        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
166        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
167        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
168        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
169        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
170        at $Proxy70.authenticateByScreenName(Unknown Source)
171        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
172        at com.liferay.portlet.login.util.LoginUtil.login(LoginUtil.java:165)
173        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.login(LoginAction.java:146)
174        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
175        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
176        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)
177        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
178        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
179        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:632)
180        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
181        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
182        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
183        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:428)
184        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)
185        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
186        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
187        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
188        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
189        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
190        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
191        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
192        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
193        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
194        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
195        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
196        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
197        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
198        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
199        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
200        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
201        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
202        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
203        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
204        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
205        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
206        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
207        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
208        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
209        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
210        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
211        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
212        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
213        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
214        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
215        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
216        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
217        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
218        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
219        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
220        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
221        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
222        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
223        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
224        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
225        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
226        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
227        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
228        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
229        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
230        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
231        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
232        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
233        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
234        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
235        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
236        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
237        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
238        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
239        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
240        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
241        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
242        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
243        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
244        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
245        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
246        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
247        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
248        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
249        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
250        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
251        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
252        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
253        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
254        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
255        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
256        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
257        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
258        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
259        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
260        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
261        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
262        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
263        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
264        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
265        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
266        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
267        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
268        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
269        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
270        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
271        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
272        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
273        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
27408:27:29,250 ERROR [MainServlet:821] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
275com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
276        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:148)
277        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
278        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
279        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
280        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
281        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
282        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
283        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
284        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
285        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
286        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
287        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
288        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
289        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
290        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
291        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
292        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
293        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
294        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
295        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
296        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
297        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
298        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
299        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
300        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
301        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
302        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
303        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
304        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
305        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
306        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
307        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
308        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
309        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
310        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
311        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
312        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
313        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
314        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
315        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
316        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
317        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
318        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
319        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
320        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
321Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
322        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
323        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
324        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
325        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:145)
326        ... 44 more
32708:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10401
32808:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
32908:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home
33008:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
33108:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
332com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
333        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:148)
334        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
335        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
336        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
337        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
338        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
339        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
340        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
341        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
342        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
343        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
344        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
345        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
346        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
347        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
348        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
349        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
350        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
351        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
352        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
353        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
354        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
355        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
356        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
357        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
358        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
359        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
360        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
361        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
362        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
363        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
364        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
365        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
366        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
367        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
368        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
369        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
370        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
371        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
372        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
373        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
374        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
375        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
376        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
377        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
378Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
379        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
380        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
381        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
382        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:145)
383        ... 44 more

Regards
Burton Allan Wynne
September 1, 2009 11:04 AM
Answer

Burton Allan Wynne

Recent Posts

Fernando Salazar De Paz:
Hi Amos

Excuse me for the delay. I am also struggling with Alfresco and I have just came back to Alfresco.
It is a fresh 5.2.3 installation. I have tried with Apache Directory and OpenLDAP.
Using Windows XP and latest service packs.
Java jdk1.6.0_14

I think the problem cames when I check Export option. Leaving it unchecked I can log with fresh users from my LDAP without any trouble. If I check the Export option and I try to log with a user not already in Liferay I get the NullPointer Exception. Previous users can log normally but this user becomes unavailable even If later on I uncheck the export option.

The stack trace is shown below

1Loading jar:file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/content-types
  2.properties
  308:06:59,312 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1153] Reloading repositories
  4Loading file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp/0-chat-portlet/WEB-INF/classes/portlet.properties
  508:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1347] Checking for available updates
  608:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1391] Finished checking for available updates in 0 ms
  708:27:29,109 ERROR [UserImpl:109] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
  8com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
  9        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:286)
 10        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(ContactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
 11        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor130.invoke(Unknown Source)
 12        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 13        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 14        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
 15        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
 16        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
 17        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
 18        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 19        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
 20        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 21        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
 22        at $Proxy17.getContact(Unknown Source)
 23        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(ContactLocalServiceUtil.java:84)
 24        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:104)
 25        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:845)
 26        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticate(LDAPAuth.java:213)
 27        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
 28        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
 29        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
 30        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
 31        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
 32        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 33        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
 34        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 35        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 36        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
 37        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
 38        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
 39        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
 40        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 41        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
 42        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
 43        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
 44        at $Proxy70.authenticateByScreenName(Unknown Source)
 45        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
 46        at com.liferay.portlet.login.util.LoginUtil.login(LoginUtil.java:165)
 47        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.login(LoginAction.java:146)
 48        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
 49        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
 50        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)
 51        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
 52        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
 53        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:632)
 54        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
 55        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
 56        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
 57        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:428)
 58        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)
 59        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
 60        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
 61        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
 62        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
 63        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
 64        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
 65        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
 66        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
 67        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
 68        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
 69        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 70        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
 71        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
 72        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
 73        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
 74        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
 75        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
 76        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
 77        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 78        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 79        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
 80        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 81        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 82        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 83        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 84        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
 85        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 86        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 87        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 88        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
 89        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 90        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 91        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 92        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 93        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
 94        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
 95        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 96        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 97        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
 98        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
 99        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
100        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
101        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
102        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
103        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
104        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
105        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
106        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
107        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
108        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
109        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
110        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
111        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
112        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
113        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
114        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
115        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
116        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
117        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
118        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
119        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
120        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
121        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
122        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
123        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
124        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
125        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
126        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
127        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
128        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
129        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
130        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
131        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
132        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
133        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
134        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
135        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
136        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
137        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
138        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
139        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
140        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
141        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
142        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
143        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
144        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
145        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
146        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
147        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
14808:27:29,109 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:888] Error updating user with screen name dflanvin and email address dflanvin@uniovi.es
149java.lang.NullPointerException
150        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1037)
151        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:849)
152        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticate(LDAPAuth.java:213)
153        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
154        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
155        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
156        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
157        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
158        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
159        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
160        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
161        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
162        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
163        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
164        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
165        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
166        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
167        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
168        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
169        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
170        at $Proxy70.authenticateByScreenName(Unknown Source)
171        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
172        at com.liferay.portlet.login.util.LoginUtil.login(LoginUtil.java:165)
173        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.login(LoginAction.java:146)
174        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
175        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
176        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)
177        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
178        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
179        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:632)
180        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
181        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
182        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
183        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:428)
184        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)
185        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
186        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
187        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
188        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
189        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
190        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
191        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
192        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
193        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
194        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
195        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
196        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
197        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
198        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
199        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
200        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
201        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
202        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
203        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
204        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
205        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
206        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
207        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
208        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
209        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
210        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
211        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
212        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
213        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
214        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
215        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
216        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
217        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
218        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
219        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
220        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
221        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
222        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
223        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
224        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
225        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
226        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
227        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
228        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
229        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
230        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
231        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
232        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
233        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
234        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
235        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
236        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
237        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
238        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
239        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
240        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
241        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
242        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
243        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
244        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
245        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
246        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
247        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
248        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
249        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
250        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
251        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
252        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
253        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
254        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
255        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
256        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
257        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
258        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
259        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
260        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
261        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
262        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
263        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
264        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
265        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
266        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
267        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
268        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
269        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
270        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
271        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
272        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
273        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
27408:27:29,250 ERROR [MainServlet:821] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
275com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
276        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:148)
277        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
278        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
279        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
280        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
281        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
282        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
283        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
284        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
285        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
286        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
287        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
288        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
289        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
290        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
291        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
292        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
293        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
294        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
295        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
296        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
297        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
298        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
299        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
300        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
301        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
302        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
303        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
304        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
305        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
306        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
307        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
308        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
309        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
310        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
311        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
312        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
313        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
314        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
315        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
316        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
317        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
318        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
319        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
320        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
321Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
322        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
323        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
324        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
325        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:145)
326        ... 44 more
32708:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10401
32808:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
32908:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home
33008:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
33108:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
332com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
333        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:148)
334        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
335        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
336        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
337        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
338        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
339        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
340        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
341        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
342        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
343        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
344        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
345        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
346        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
347        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
348        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
349        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
350        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
351        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
352        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
353        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
354        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
355        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
356        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
357        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
358        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
359        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
360        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
361        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
362        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
363        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
364        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
365        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
366        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
367        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
368        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
369        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
370        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
371        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
372        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
373        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
374        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
375        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
376        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
377        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
378Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
379        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
380        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
381        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
382        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:145)
383        ... 44 more

Regards

I would have to say that this is still an issue with 5.2.3 because I am tackling this issue right now... In fact here is my post:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3925746

Burton

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!