Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Brant Levinson
Request for Question/Answer capability within Forums (like Apple forum
July 26, 2008 2:02 AM
Answer

Brant Levinson

Recent Posts

Hello, I am using liferay for my website but am still using jive software for my forums. I would really like to use the liferay forums module although I can't tell if there are still an outstanding questions in the liferay forum implementation. Please put the capability to ask question and have the user be able to says that the question has been helpful or answered and show which ones were helpful and what one was the solution. Please examine the following as an example in Apple's forums: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1632062&tstart=0
Raju Uppalapati
RE: Request for Question/Answer capability within Forums (like Apple f
July 26, 2008 8:46 AM
Answer

Raju Uppalapati

Recent Posts

This feature will be available shortly. The code is currently in a shelf/branch and will be integrated into the trunk after the code changes are reviewed. Please refer to http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-6469 for details and feedback about how its being implemented

_raju
JR Houn
Thread Moved
August 13, 2008 12:16 PM
Answer

JR Houn

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Thread moved: Suggestions and Feature Requests
-jr
Bryan Cheung
RE: Request for Question/Answer capability within Forums (like Apple forum
September 11, 2009 1:17 PM
Answer

Bryan Cheung

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

This was built at some point but removed or disabled. Will try to find out more info.
Dmitry Babain
September 29, 2009 3:35 AM
Answer

Dmitry Babain

Recent Posts

Any update on the reason for removal?
Lisa Simpson
September 29, 2009 3:15 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

It seems to happen that things get written in and then removed. For me, it would seem to be trivial to use the message board as a FAQ portlet. THe ability to move questions and answers around would be awesome.
Dmitry Babain
September 30, 2009 12:36 AM
Answer

Dmitry Babain

Recent Posts

and yet the old KB portlet version looked exactlty the way you'd expect it to look like. It was ready, at least it looked completly capable of solving the problems with the knowledge base or FAQ, looked like a good start.

Now we do not have this ability for about half a year. We don't know when it will be reintroduced through the message board.
We hardly will be able to search message board-organized FAQ in all 3 ways, choosing the one we are interested in:
1. only via theme header (question)
2. full text search
3. via keywords only
(those are basic "help" needs)

seriously, don't you see a huge gap between message board and real FAQ (not just dumb text, but the abilities of grouping relevant information with various approaches)?

From what i've seen of 5.3, the real mb-based FAQ in the future would be the union of portlets: categories and tags and message boards.
But it still will not look good for the end user.