Join the community to translate Liferay Portal 7.1 into your language!
Company Blogs March 13, 2018 By David Gómez Staff
Everyone wants to see Liferay Portal in their native language, and version 7.1 will support up to 45 different languages. On the road to the release of Liferay 7.1 we are launching the Community Translation Team to drive the translation process. Read this post to find out why and how you can help to make Liferay Portal available in the languages you speak.
Liferay Portal is used by people and companies in many different countries, and everyone wants to see the portal in their own language. As part of the release process of Liferay Portal 7.1, one of the tasks we care about is the translation process.
As always, the translation process is something in which the community really helps a lot because no one knows how to find the best translation better than the native speakers using Liferay Portal every day.
This time we have made changes to the translation mechanism, introduced an online Localization Management Platform to manage translations, and we are also creating the Community Translation Team (CTT).
Why should I join?
In a single sentence, you should join because you, as a native speaker of place-your-language-here, are the best are the best authority on how Liferay should look in your language.
There are many other reasons why we are excited about your participation:
- Help to make Liferay Portal be more accessible by adding support to a growing number of different languages
- Make it easier for developers, users and people in general that speak your language to use Liferay Portal sites
- Receive gratitude from the Liferay community and the various Liferay engineering teams
- Engage and build connections within the Liferay community
I'm in. How do I join?
The Liferay 7.1 Community Translation Team is already set up. All the resources are uploaded to the translation tool we are ready for you to start contributing. The process and tool are described on the Instructions page.
To get started, all you have to do is:
- Create a free account at Crowdin and configure your profile with the languages you speak
- Search for the 'Liferay Portal' project and join to start translating one or more languages
- Suggest the best translation for strings, labels and messages
We look forward to your involvement with our community!
Liferay 7.1 Community Translation Team (CTT) is now live!! Join today: