Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 58: Jorge Ferrer continued
Two episodes (or an eternity) ago, I spoke to Jorge Ferrer, Liferay's VP of Engineering. We didn't have enough time to finish the conversation, so we continued a while after - and then I buried the recording /o\. Anyway, apart from it being still from "before the release of the current version", it's still relevant stuff, I feel bad about missing to post it. Check for yourself - here it finally is.
We're talking about these (and more) topics
- Microservices vs Monoliths
- Buzzword or breeze of fresh air?
- DHH The Majestic Monolith
- Approach this technology option like any other
- If you can't build a monolith, you are probably getting an even bigger mess if you approach microservices
- Milen's presentation: Microservices and Modularity or the difference between treatment and cure (or on youtube)
- Shortly before the release many modules were moved around and renamed. We talk about the reasons and what this meant for the translations
- What's the meaning of "Feature-Complete"?
- A lot of Feedback starts to come in during the Beta Cycle
- Nitpicking on the Beta Criteria: JBoss and Upgrade Routines
- Lookahead on the next episode on Performance Tuning
- Releaseplans (of course, I could have retrofitted an exact release date...)
- What's it like to be hired into Liferay Engineering?
- office envy
- shared spaces, decoration, own desks, separate working environments, inspiration, agora
- Is it forbidden to write Javadoc?
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 53: Nate Cavanaugh - New frontend features in Liferay 7
I met repeat guest Nate Cavanaugh, Liferay's Director of UI Engineering, at this year's Devcon and he answered all UI-based questions that we could quickly think about - specifically with regards to Liferay 7.
As we recorded this on site at Devcon, you'll hear more background noise than usual - Auphonic did their best to clean the recording, and they did a great job.
- UI frameworks get out of style soon. Can I still use AngularJS?
- Do I have to throw everything away that I have invested already?
- The YUI story and what its discontinuation means for AlloyUI
- Will AUI be reimplemented on jQuery? Is jQuery part of Liferay 7? What about different versions of jQuery?
- Lexicon, UI-Language, User Interface Guidelines
- Artifacts and Implementation of Lexicon
- Bootstrap, Bootstrap components, Atlas, the bootstrap versions in Liferay 6.2 and the components of it that are available.
- What happens when Bootstrap 4 comes out?
- Single Page Application, SPA, SennaJS: Go without full page reloads, largely by default.
- New Theming Tools - You can also use new tools in Liferay 6.2 (AYOR though). No more
_diffsfolder, pure frontend packages, themelets.
- What kind of themelets do we wish to have?
- We probably have forgotten something. Ask your questions in the comment section of this episode to be covered in future episodes.
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: