Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 58: Jorge Ferrer continued
Two episodes (or an eternity) ago, I spoke to Jorge Ferrer, Liferay's VP of Engineering. We didn't have enough time to finish the conversation, so we continued a while after - and then I buried the recording /o\. Anyway, apart from it being still from "before the release of the current version", it's still relevant stuff, I feel bad about missing to post it. Check for yourself - here it finally is.
We're talking about these (and more) topics
- Microservices vs Monoliths
- Buzzword or breeze of fresh air?
- DHH The Majestic Monolith
- Approach this technology option like any other
- If you can't build a monolith, you are probably getting an even bigger mess if you approach microservices
- Milen's presentation: Microservices and Modularity or the difference between treatment and cure (or on youtube)
- Shortly before the release many modules were moved around and renamed. We talk about the reasons and what this meant for the translations
- What's the meaning of "Feature-Complete"?
- A lot of Feedback starts to come in during the Beta Cycle
- Nitpicking on the Beta Criteria: JBoss and Upgrade Routines
- Lookahead on the next episode on Performance Tuning
- Releaseplans (of course, I could have retrofitted an exact release date...)
- What's it like to be hired into Liferay Engineering?
- office envy
- shared spaces, decoration, own desks, separate working environments, inspiration, agora
- Is it forbidden to write Javadoc?
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 49: Tomáš Polešovský from Liferay's Security Team
It's been a long time and finally... Radio Liferay is back with several episodes in the queue. Today, Tomáš Polešovský starts of by talking about Liferay's security team and -procedures as well as his work within that team. Tom has already been a guest on Radio Liferay's ancient episode 9
- The glorious glamorous days one has on the security team (consisting mostly of email, tickets, pullrequests)
- Different ways to make Liferay more secure
- Gathering feedback from community and customers
- Monitoring Liferay Forums and full disclosure mailing lists (also about the various libraries that are used in Liferay)
- Scan source code for problems
- Liferay cooperates with external security researchers for penetration testing
- Customers perform external audits as well.
- An example of an actual audit report: 49 very alarming false positives vs. 1 real cornercase
- The security issue fixing process
- The first security episode with Sam Kong
- Link to community security update page. CE updates always only against the latest GA version
- Some low hanging fruits in secure Liferay administration (on the fly)
- What will happen with Liferay 7?
- OAuth, and the related Radio Liferay episode 44 with Stian
- SQRL (disclaimer: I misled Tom by mispronouncing this library - he's aware, but there's no implementation - yet - for Liferay)
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: