Liferay IDE Developing Liferay Hooks
Video tutorials #
Hook wizard tutorial videos #
Custom JSPs have lots of errors markings, how do I remove them? #
First, know that you can safely ignore the errors in the JSP. They are showing up because the Eclipse JSP validator does not know how to find the required contextual JSP files to make that particular JSP build without errors. I have an enhancement ticket for modifying the Eclipse JSP model to fix this situation but I have not implemented it yet because I believe the performance/memory trade off is not worth developer's time.
Second, since IDE 1.3.0, there is an option in the JSP hook wizard for disabling the JSP syntax validation for the custom_jsps folder automatically. If you didn't use the wizard, the following is the manual process.
The manual process for removing the errors is this: solution is to modify the JSP validator's exclusion filters to tell it not to validate any custom_jsp files.
- Right click the hook project, go to Properties
- Select Validation page
- Check the box "Enable project specific settings"
- In the row "JSP Syntax Validator" click the "..." button
- In the dialog click the "Add exclude group" button
- Select the "Exclude group" node and click the "Add Rule..." button
- Select the filter type, "Folder or File name"
- Click Browse for folder and select the folder that stores the custom jsps
- Click Finish, then OK, then OK
- Right click the custom_jsps folder and select "Validate"
The errors should be removed.