Fórum

Theme creation: _diff folder empty

Chiyo Chan, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Theme creation: _diff folder empty

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 07/12/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am having issues creating a custom theme with liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2.0 GA1. The _diff folder under the custom theme is empty. I am able to create a custom theme with version 6.0.

I used the create them_name "Theme vanity Name" command at command line. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Theme creation: _diff folder empty

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
the diff folder is always empty. the files you drop in here replace the ones from your parent theme at build time.
Chiyo Chan, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 07/12/13 Postagens Recentes
David H Nebinger:
the diff folder is always empty. the files you drop in here replace the ones from your parent theme at build time.

Thank you for the correction. It's been a while since I created a theme and I was under the impression that the create.bat would create the entire structure for the theme (css, js etc). I am working through the steps on this page to create the 6.2 version of the theme.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
it's been a while.. ok... I forget the basics often too assuming I knew them in the first place...

official documentation (at link Chiyo) gives states that _diffs/ (subfolders not created by default)

to me that is pretty clear as I know the _diffs are considered to be overrides or additions on build/deploy ... so if nothing in _diffs, well then nothing changes from default

add the _diffs subfolders, add say custom.css you want to add, and other files you want to add/override