Fórum

Asset Publisher, Related Assets, or something custom?

thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Asset Publisher, Related Assets, or something custom?

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
I would like to have 3 content areas on a page. One is the main content area and the 2 others are below and to the right of it. The content areas below and to the right will display content based off of categories contained in main content area.

What's the best way to do this?

I've checked out the related asset publisher and this doesn't seem to work because it forces me to manually select related assets within the main content area instead of simply categorizing them.

The second option I've been trying is to get 3 asset publishers on a page (each with their own structure/template so it displays the proper content type) but I can't seem to get it to function the way I need it. When the main content asset publisher is expanded, the others don't update their list to contain assets that have the same categories as the main asset publisher. I see that there is a communication tab in the configuration and was thinking this might be the key to getting it to work. However, having a categoryId parameter in the URL is not ideal for SEO and linking purposes.

Has anyone set something like this up before? If so, some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
thumbnail
Mehdi norouzi, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Asset Publisher, Related Assets, or something custom?

New Member Postagens: 20 Data de Entrada: 18/07/06 Postagens Recentes
Hi
this requirement is not support directly in liferay. you should make function to get categoryId or tag and return for example 3 article that have same tag (or categoryId) and then in structure and template you call this function and arrange your content for example see this
thumbnail

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a code sample you could share to get me started?

Thanks!

Brian
Roger Wilson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 29 Data de Entrada: 20/02/13 Postagens Recentes
Why is the link in question pointing to a site concerning the Quran?
thumbnail

I wondered the same thing but I think we're seeing an example of it working which happens to be a Quran website. I've created an app that I plan on putting in the marketplace that does it differently. I'm hoping within the next month or so...