Fórum

siteminder version

thumbnail
vaseem bari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

siteminder version

Junior Member Postagens: 86 Data de Entrada: 26/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Liferay Team,

I want to know which version of siteminder version is used in liferay 6.X versions .
Any information or any helpful links .

Vaseem Bari
Denny Prvu, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: siteminder version

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 19/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Version 6.x of CA SiteMinder or higher should have no problems integrating with Liferay. This being said, a lot has to be considered for how LifeRay is configured and the application server being used etc.

If you need any additional information, please feel free to let me know.
thumbnail
Joseph Hobbs, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 10/07/12 Postagens Recentes
I don't believe the version of SiteMinder is actually critical here. Leveraging the SiteMinder integration simply tells Liferay to read a specific HTTP header containing the authenticated user's userid and log them in. There is no actual 'SiteMinder' specific functionality here, it's just reading the request. I've utilized this same integration for other situations (like RSA Access Manager), and even had Apache set the header in my lab (so I didn't need a full blown SSO system on my laptop).

With all that said, this simplicity is where the SSO system takes over. Theoretically, if the app is behind an SSO system like SiteMinder, you need to take precautions that some random user can't just hit the server with a valid header and bypass the whole thing. In many cases an agent runs in the application server to protect users from working around the front end agents.
thumbnail
vaseem bari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 86 Data de Entrada: 26/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks a lot for your replies, very good information from you people.
It would be great if any body can tell the version number, which will help me in documenting the project.

Thanks in Advance
Vaseem bari
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Like said by others it's not tied to any particular SiteMinder version.
Deepanshu Seth, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 55 Data de Entrada: 12/10/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi Mika,

To integrate, Liferay CE 6.2 with Siteminder, do we need to download any Authentication tool, If yes which tool is it, and where can I get that?
thumbnail
Jonas Choi, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 14/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Everything is handled on the SiteMinder end. The only Liferay setting is the headers that it reads.

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the reply.

Is CAS and SiteMinder for same use? As both works on SSO.
What are the difference between the two?
thumbnail

Yes, both are SSOs, with big differences in how the operate. In fact, they can be used together. SiteMinder is generally configured to be policy based, so users with certain policy levels are only allowed access to certain resources, usually denoted via URLs, and can provide SSO services. CAS is generally configured as a more traditional SSO.

If you want to know more, I'd suggest you do some research (aka Google search) into the various technologies. Wiki about web access management, which SiteMinder is mentioned.

Hi Jonas,

I got a link https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/CAS+on+Windows+Quick+Setup+Guide for Integrating CAS with Liferay. I am stuck in the step number 10(b), 10(c), and 12, can you help me with this. As where to change those stuff.

Regards,
Deepanshu Seth
thumbnail

$TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\cas-server-webapp-$VERSION\WEB-INF\deployerConfigContext.xml

Looking at the path, you should have a cas-server-webapp application deployed on the Tomcat.

Hi Jonas,

Actually, I got the file but, unable to get the content in the file (pointing to point number 10(b), 10(c) and 12) in the link https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/CAS+on+Windows+Quick+Setup+Guide for example "authenticationHandlers" property.