Fórum

Deploying Liferay EXT using Maven

Abhishek Dhingra, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Deploying Liferay EXT using Maven

Junior Member Postagens: 51 Data de Entrada: 08/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I tried to deploy the Liferay EXT using Maven plugin but EXT is not getting properly deployed. I checked and found that even EXT-JAR files are not getting created.

Followed the following below steps:
1) Created new Maven module, with Ext archetype.
2) Post creation, did Maven 'Clean install liferay:deploy'.

On Liferay:deploy, 2 war files are getting created in deploy folder. I tried the Liferay:direct-deploy. but Build Failure message is getting displayed on Console.

Can you please guide me if i missed any steps.Please help me in resolving the same.

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,
Abhishek
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Deploying Liferay EXT using Maven

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Do the deploy from the -ext project folder instead of the project root. Invoking deploy from the project root tells maven run this goal to all sub projects and that's not what you want to do.
Abhishek Dhingra, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 51 Data de Entrada: 08/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Mika,

Thanks much for the reply. I tried the same and deployed only the -ext.war file, but somehow it is not working for me. I think the main issue is when the server will deploy the war, the JAR files under lib folder are not getting created.

I tried the same with ANT , and it is creating the JAR's under lib folder and working fine.

Regards,
Abhishek
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Can you attach the server log from the point where it starts to process the ext war file?
thumbnail
Miguel Ángel Júlvez, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 63 Data de Entrada: 29/03/11 Postagens Recentes
It's happening the same thing

Any advice?

Thanks

I'm using liferay 6.1.1.1 CE GA2, liferay maven plugin 6.1.1 and tomcat 7.0.27

Abhishek Dhingra:
Hi Mika,

Thanks much for the reply. I tried the same and deployed only the -ext.war file, but somehow it is not working for me. I think the main issue is when the server will deploy the war, the JAR files under lib folder are not getting created.

I tried the same with ANT , and it is creating the JAR's under lib folder and working fine.

Regards,
Abhishek
Ludovic Dussart, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 25/02/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I'm using Liferay maven archetype (6.2-SP1) to build a plugin ext project too.

When i execute mvn package liferay:deploy on -ext module, the war is copied in deploy dir.
When Liferay start, it publish the war into webapp dir and copy ext*.jar into WEF-INF/lib portal directory but it doen't copy -ext-service.jar into tomcat/lib/ext

It's normal ? It's a bug with liferay-maven-deploy plugin with PLUGIN-EXT type ?
The liferay:direct-deploy command on -ext module do tje job and copy -ext-service.jar into tomcat/lib/ext ...

What is the -web module war generated compared to -ext module war generated ?

Thanks in advance for yours answers, they will me a great help.

Miguel Ángel Júlvez:
It's happening the same thing

Any advice?

Thanks

I'm using liferay 6.1.1.1 CE GA2, liferay maven plugin 6.1.1 and tomcat 7.0.27

Abhishek Dhingra:
Hi Mika,

Regards,
Abhishek