Fórum

Mobile Rules in 6.1 GA - How does it work?

thumbnail
Stephan Huber, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Mobile Rules in 6.1 GA - How does it work?

Junior Member Postagens: 28 Data de Entrada: 27/03/09 Postagens Recentes
I would like to enable my Liferay Portal für Mobile Devices like iPhone.

After one hour searching in Liferay's Community and with Google I didn't find much advice what to do.
The people at Liferay do a great job developing new features in Liferay, but somebody has to document it!
Handling Sites for normal Browser and mobile Devices at the same time could be a killer feature when deciding for a portal product.

@Liferay People: Please write a Blog Entry or a Wiki Article about how to use Mobile Rules Feature in 6.1 GA.
As I understand there are different ways of enabling web sites for mobile devices. What is best practice and recommended?

Regards,
Stephan
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Mobile Rules in 6.1 GA - How does it work?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
1-Install wurfl portlet (you can download from SVN sources, not sure if it's in sourceforge).
2-Once you install it, you can manage Mobile Device Groups from Control Panel. Each group can contain N rules. Each rule checks which device that rule will apply.
3- Then, enter in a community/Site. There you could edit the rules and add actions for that rules (you can execute 4 actions: change theme, change layout, redirect to Site or redirect to URL AFAIK).
thumbnail
Anupam Ranjan, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 27/10/11 Postagens Recentes
Hello Juan,

once we do all the settings for wrulf-web...so that we are getting the different specification for different mobile device.

But how to upload the themes for all the Operating System and Tablet OS. so that we can able to change the themes according to our requirement.

Awaiting for Quick Reply

Thanks in advance,
-Anupam
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Simply deploy themes as usual. Once it's deployed it will appear as possible action in Mobile Device Groups actions, when selecting "Change theme" option.
Sebastian Fratini, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 28/03/12 Postagens Recentes
I must say Rule's Actions are really well hidden.

The only way I was able to get to them was to enter Site Pages and then, listing the rules, you have the option to Manage Actions in the Edit button.

There is no way to access those actions from the main Rules List.

Just posted this in case anyone is also having problem finding them.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi! Just for the record, here's the official documentation about this feature: Displaying site pages to mobile devices