Fórum

Configuring Sharepoint CMIS in Liferay 6.1

thumbnail
Sergio Bogazzi, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Configuring Sharepoint CMIS in Liferay 6.1

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/03/11 Postagens Recentes
After banging my head against this problem for a few days I turning to the Liferay community for some suggestions.

I'm trying to configure an instance of Sharepoint 2010 to serve as a CMIS repository for my Liferay 6.1 (community edition) instance.

I've installed all the necessary Sharepoint 2010 CMIS extensions and have verified the Web Service and Atom interface is available to consuming applications. Some additional context surrounding these two servers, the Sharepoint 2010 instance is authenticating against Active Directory, while my Liferay 6.1 instance is authenticating user accounts locally. I also followed the configuration suggestions mentioned in Alex Chow's blog post, and in particular, I have a Liferay 6.1 username/password which matches a username/password for an existing user on the machine hosting the Sharepoint 2010 instance.

The problem I'm having is that after specifying the configuration of Sharepoint as a CMIS repository, my Liferay 6.1 instance returns an "Unauthorized" exception regardless of the interface I specify in the configuration. (e.g. Atom/WS).

I suspect the problem I am having relates to the fact that Sharepoint is authenticating Active Directory users, while Liferay is not. Is this really the case? If so, my next question is whether for the time being I can fix the Active Directory domain for all Liferay users that initiate CMIS requests?

Appreciate any help or suggestions from the community.
thumbnail
Sergio Bogazzi, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Configuring Sharepoint CMIS in Liferay 6.1

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/03/11 Postagens Recentes
An update to this issue. The Liferay developers offered helpful hints as to how to get around my immediate problem albeit it's worth mentioning that anyone integrating Liferay and Sharepoint through the CMIS standard should be made aware to Sharepoint's current lack of adherence to this standard.

Regardless, my immediate problem was how to get around an Authorization exception despite the fact that I had created a Liferay username/password with exactly the same values as those of a user in Sharepoint. Setting "Basic Authentication" on the IIS server hosting Sharepoint resolved this problem for me.
Heikki Toivanen, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 13 Data de Entrada: 20/08/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi!

Did you end up using WebServices or the AtomPub?

I'm having a hard time getting the AtomPub to work... I'm pretty sure I have my authentication issues solved, and I can use the Apache Chemistry CMIS Workbench to connect (with AtomPub-bindings) and display the contents of a repository, but I am unable to use the same URL's in so it would work in Liferay Document Library...

I propably just messed the URL / Id I should enter in the repository config-form... Can you shed some help on it?

I've done some messing around and used an url in the format of
http://server.company.com/whatever/cmis/_vti_bin/cmis/rest/THISHASH-CODE-ISTH-EREP-OSITORYIDTFR?getRepositoryInfo

That atleast let's me add the repository in Liferay just fine... Verifying with TCPdump, I can see, that it is able to get the basic bindings and such from SharePoint, but when I click the repository in order to try to list the files, it does not list anything, and tcp-dump shows me that the server responded with a bad request to a ?getObject-call...

Anyhow, If you could elaborate whether you went the AtomPub or WebServices way.. ?
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Configuring Sharepoint CMIS in Liferay 6.1 (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Sharepoint CMIS implementation is really buggy. We've created a separate repository hook for Sharepoint that extends the CMIS repository and uses Sharepoint WebService API for operations that don't work through CMIS. This plugin will be available in Liferay 6.1 EE.
Heikki Toivanen, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Thank you Mika for a prompt reply!

Great to hear that it's coming as a separate implementation! I'll be looking forward to the 6.1 release then; And it should be out still this year, right?
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
I've downloaded the plugin for 6.1 EE and am having trouble figuring out where to find the information the plugin needs to connect to the sharepoint repository.

AtomPub URL

Repository ID

Site Path

The site path seems pretty obvious but I have no clue where to find the other inputs. If anyone has any documentation or experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Brian
Heikki Toivanen, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Hi Brian!

Alex Chow's blog post is very helpful, and goes through a lot. But I remember having some difficulties getting it to work aswell.

Anyhow, this is off a working implementation:

Repository Type
Sharepoint (AtomPub)
AtomPub URL
http://hostname.domain.com/_vti_bin/cmis/rest/THISHASH-CODE-ISTH-EREP-OSITORYIDTFR?getRepositoryInfo
Repository ID
thishash-code-isth-erep-ositoryidtfr
Site Path
http://<hostname.domain.com/

(and yes, the repository ID is with uppercase on URL and lower case on repository ID on purpose. Not a typing mistake).

After that, if you have corresponding accounts on each side, it should work. Depending on how your Windows-domains are set on the Sharepoint-side, you should make sure to check that you are authentication settings have a valid default domain added aswell. (Since your liferay-accounts could be just the account-names, but Sharepoint is expecting to have the account as 'DOMAIN\accountname' , adding the authentication default domain will help on that.)

Anyhow, please let me know If that works for you or not, I'll dig in deeper to my notes/documentation if needed. okay?