Fórum

Elastic search license issue

thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Elastic search license issue

Regular Member Postagens: 176 Data de Entrada: 22/06/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am using Liferay DXP (Enterprise) for our project. With DXP I am using elastic search.

Could you please explain that do I need any separate license for elastic server for production.

Or Will I get support from Liferay for this with our existing license.

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Elastic search license issue

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
The community version of ES will be just fine in production. The ES license is necessary if you want official ES support.

Also IIRC the license is necessary if you want to leverage Marvel and Shield.

I think if you talk to your Liferay sales rep you can get accurate information about ES licensing and the additional Marvel/Shield support.
thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 176 Data de Entrada: 22/06/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.
So, We can go production without ES license. But below are some questions.
1. Is there any liferay license from which we get support of ES and and its integration.
2. We are just using elastic as search engine integration, so should I leverage Marvel and Shield.

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
My understanding (consult your sales rep for correct details) is that Liferay will support you only as related to how Liferay uses ES. So no support for other uses of ES that you might be using (i.e. some ELK stack or corporate indexes in ES).

I can't answer the Marvel/Shield questions for you, the decisions will be based on your project requirements.

Marvel provides monitoring facilities, but only you know if ES monitoring is necessary. Shield provides SSL, authenticated access to the index, but only you know if you have to take your ES security to the next level.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
If you are using Liferay DXP with its official support, you have following options about Elasticsearch (it is called Enterprise Search add-on)
  • Buy additional "Enterprise Search" add-on: (elasticsearch support)
    You will have full support of both your Liferay DXP and Elasticsearch installations. Liferay Support will escalate Elasticsearch issues to Elastic.
    This add-on also gives licenses for Marvel and Shield (AKA x-pack monitor and x-pack security).
    More info see: https://web.liferay.com/orders/liferay-elastic-marvel-integration and https://web.liferay.com/orders/liferay-elastic-shield-integration
  • Don't buy the "Enterprise Search" add-on:
    You will have only support of Liferay DXP. Any bug or configuration question related to your Elasticsearch installation won't be accepted.
    Bugs related with Liferay Elasticsearch connector will be accepted.

One of the advantages of having the full support is you don't have to prove that your issue is in Liferay side because we will care of both Liferay and Elasticsearch problems.