Fórum

Deployment from DEV to Prod

thumbnail
Lars Meynberg, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Deployment from DEV to Prod

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 05/07/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi everybody,

I tried the search to get an info about how to deploy the portal-structure (Pages, Portlet-Instances, Authorization) from DEV, via staging server, to the production server.
I think it is pretty annoying to re-create all pages, user rights and portlets on pages manually. This is not handy and a great source of errors because of typos etc.

I'm used to the WebSphere Portal and we're using the XML-Access Tool to store (SCM) and transfer the whole portal structure between our systems. I'm wondering if there is any tool in the Liferay universe that might help me.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Deployment from DEV to Prod (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Yes, Liferay Portal has a staging feature. Check out the wiki page for more info.
thumbnail

RE: Deployment from DEV to Prod

Wow that was pretty fast. I will check that out. Thanks
thumbnail
Jan Gregor, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 224 Data de Entrada: 20/10/10 Postagens Recentes
If you are not able to use the staging feature because of firewall or any other limitations, you can just export the whole content in a LAR file, and import it by hand to the target server. In matter of fact, the staging is doing pretty much the same, but it automatizes the transfer between those 2 enviroments.

Regards,
Jan.
thumbnail

Jan Gregor:
you can just export the whole content in a LAR file, and import it by hand to the target server.

Hi Jan. Thx for that hint. I will have a closer look at the import/export feature.
thumbnail

Am I right that the normal use case is Export -> Import without editing the xml files? I was not able to repack the file successfully.

We had used the XMLAccess feature this way to provide xml-files for the layout structure and parsed these files according to the target environment (To adapt the groups and permissions and so on.)