Fórum

Integrate Liferay 5 with Openldap

Thomas Kiener, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Integrate Liferay 5 with Openldap

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 18/06/08 Postagens Recentes
Hello

I need some help.
I have installed the newest version of liferay 5 and openldap.
I configured all and i can connect to my openldap with a tool called LDAP Browser/Editor.

But now, i can't connect with liferay to ldap, but i don't know why......

when i press on Test LDAP Connection, the message 'Liferay has failed to connect to the LDAP server. Please check your configuration and verify that the LDAP server is running' is on the screen.

Or is there a log file with the errors???

Can anyone help me?

Thank's
Presley H Cannady, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Integrate Liferay 5 with Openldap

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 27/06/08 Postagens Recentes
Thomas Kiener:
Hello

I need some help.
I have installed the newest version of liferay 5 and openldap.
I configured all and i can connect to my openldap with a tool called LDAP Browser/Editor.

But now, i can't connect with liferay to ldap, but i don't know why......

when i press on Test LDAP Connection, the message 'Liferay has failed to connect to the LDAP server. Please check your configuration and verify that the LDAP server is running' is on the screen.

Or is there a log file with the errors???

Can anyone help me?

Thank's

Also working with Liferay (5.01 RC) and OpenLDAP 2.3.

Common things to check for when running Test LDAP Connection.

1. Ensure LDAP is actyakky running.
2. url string is correct (if you have the utility, try using ldapsearch -x -h <host> -D <authentication DN if not anonymous bind> -w <password> -b <base dn>
3. Ensure your firewall permits access to the port OpenLDAP is listening on.
4. Ensure your authentication dn is correct (for OpenLDAP on Ubuntu, this is usually "cn=admin,dc=localdomain")
5. Ensure your password is correct.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but this is my first time with LDAP and portlet ASes in general, OpenLDAP and Liferay in particular.
thumbnail
Dave Morris, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 27 Data de Entrada: 07/05/09 Postagens Recentes
Is there any way to debug the "Test LDAP Connection" Button in the Liferay Control Panel. I am having a similar problem where it gives me the error message:

Liferay has failed to connect to the LDAP server. Please check your configuration and verify that the LDAP server is running.

I am running liferay and OpenLDAP on EC2 (both on the same instance), and I am able to connect to the LDAP server from the terminal locally, and from Windows using JXplorer.

I am at a loss as to why Liferay can't connect. Is there a log file or some other mechanism for figuring out why the test connection is unsuccessful? Thanks for your help,

Dave
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 463 Data de Entrada: 23/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

In the 5.2.3 edition there was no log message about the connection problem, we've created a fix for it, and Liferay will log the problem in the 6.0 version.

What are the connection details you provide?

Zsolt
Jose Miguel Loor, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 13/12/11 Postagens Recentes
i have the same problem using liferay 6 in a jboss eap, but i have no log about anything
thumbnail
Sigma Infosolutions, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 14/07/10 Postagens Recentes
"Working out to integrate OpenLDAP in Liferay to incorporate single sign-on feature"