Fórum

Liferay very slow in creating a Role

thumbnail
Marco Azzalini, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay very slow in creating a Role

Regular Member Postagens: 146 Data de Entrada: 18/11/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I am using Liferay 6.2 CE GA3 and PostgreSQL 9.5.
In my application I customized the DLFileVersion listener to create (and populate) three roles when a new document is created, these roles are referred in my custom workflow for task assignment.
The problem is showing up in those days, while the number of documents is growing. Create a new document takes 40-50 seconds but 75% of the time is spent in roles creation(!) It takes about 10 seconds to create a new role, and the things are getting worse as we import new documents. At the moment we have only 300 documents but we need to import at least 2000 or 3000 documents so I am very worried about performance. Also deleting a role is a very long task, more or less it need same time needed for creation.
The performance seems affected only in creation and deletion of roles, the rest of the system is reasonably fast, also navigation through the folders and documents is quite fast.
Is it a common problem? I am wondering if are there are some tunings (on Liferay and/or DB server) that could help to speed up roles creation/deletion? I saw there are some issue concerning these topics, for example LPS-68731 but the fix is available only for Enterprise edition

Any help would be very appreciate...
Marco
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay very slow in creating a Role

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
Liferay 6.2 CE GA3 version is too old, you should think in updating to 6.2 CE GA6 (last published 6.2 community version)

Or update to 7.0 version, but it is a bigger change.

About LPS-68731, you can try patching 6.2 version by yourself, here is the 7.0 code: https://github.com/brianchandotcom/liferay-portal/pull/44178