Fórum

New Admin Screens in Liferay 7

Durga prasada Rao Kasina, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Admin Screens in Liferay 7

New Member Postagens: 21 Data de Entrada: 26/07/12 Postagens Recentes
I have a scenario in my project where i need to create a new admin screen in which i have to map roles against my products. after mapping, i will save those details which ultimately save into database. This new screen i have to get after i click some link in one of the out of box admin screens. Can anybody help me with procedure of how to create the new admin screens in liferay 7 and how to navigate to this new screen. Appreciate your help

Durga
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: New Admin Screens in Liferay 7

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2655 Data de Entrada: 27/07/05 Postagens Recentes
I recommend that you look at the primefaces-users-portlet demo that is part of the Liferay Faces project. It shows how to create an alternative to the out-of-the-box "Users and Organizations" portlet.

Hi Griffin,

thank you for the reply.

I have gone through the primefaces-users-portlet , but this is to replace entire users and organizations out of box portlet. I just want to add one new page in the out of box portlet. Can u pls. let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance
Durga
thumbnail
Cody Hoag, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 70 Data de Entrada: 26/04/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Durga,

You can add an additional page (JSP) to a Liferay 7 OOTB portlet using a fragment. We have some documentation on fragments that you can take a look at below:

Overriding a Module's JSPs
Fragment Module Project Template

Most of our docs reference overriding existing JSPs, but you can use a fragment to add additional JSPs too.

Hi Cody Hoag,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand of overriding existing OOTB jsps using fragments and i successfully implemented as well. But i am not able to figure it out of how to add new JSPs using fragmens. Could you pls. share some documentation/procedure on this.

Thanks
Durga

Hi,

I need to create a new page in Liferay 7 OOTB portlets

what i have followed:
I have created a JSP hook(vocabulary_action.jsp) and i have added a menu item in vocabulary_action.jsp which i have given below code:
<c:if test="<%= AssetVocabularyPermission.contains(permissionChecker, vocabulary, ActionKeys.UPDATE) %>">
		<portlet:renderurl var="managePartURL">
			<portlet:param name="mvcPath" value="/manage_part.jsp" />
			<portlet:param name="vocabularyId" value="<%= String.valueOf(vocabulary.getVocabularyId()) %>" />
		</portlet:renderurl>
		<liferay-ui:icon message="Manage" url="<%= managePartURL %>" />
	</c:if>

I have created a manage_part.jsp inline with vocabulary_action.jsp but when i am clicking on new menu item, it is just loading the vocabularies page again not the new page.

I tried to print the url generated for menu items and i observed generated url for new menu item is different from existing menu items.
Existing edit url: http://localhost:8080/group/guest/~/control_panel/manage/-/categories_admin/vocabulary/35305/edit
New Menu item url: http://localhost:8080/group/guest/~/control_panel/manage/-/categories_admin/vocabularies?_com_liferay_asset_categories_admin_web_portlet_AssetCategoriesAdminPortlet_vocabularyId=35305

Can u pls. let me know why is this happening like this. I am really struck here. Could you pls. somebody help me in this.

Thanks
Durga