Fórum

Upgrading Liferay

Chris Babstock, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Upgrading Liferay

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 21/08/17 Postagens Recentes
I'm in the process of trying to upgrade Liferay CE 7.0 GA3 to 7.0 GA4, and the documentation feels quite lacking. It hand waves over the topic of upgrading the software, and only really goes into any detail about upgrading the database schema.

Given that we have a customized install with themes and other things that are not in the base install, what should I do with the base install, and what to do with the downloaded package? Is it sufficient to drop the new ROOT folder from the ga4 zip to the tomcat/webapps folder in my ga3 install?
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Upgrading Liferay

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
Upgrade process from 7.0 GA3 to 7.0 GA4 is more or less the same steps than 6.2 to 7.0, but with the main difference is you don't have to modify your customizations and developments because API doesn't change (perhaps some minor changes are necessary in case of modifying internal Liferay functionality)

Upgrade steps are:
1) Create a copy of your database and document library
2) Install a clean tomcat with new version of Liferay 7.0 GA4 and point it to the created copies
3) Execute upgrade tool: this will update your database
4) Install all your customization and developments.
5) Test all your functionality, perhaps you have to do some minor changes to your customizations in case of extending code that was modified in 7.0 GA4
6) If everything works fine, you are done.

It is important to create a copy of your data because in case of error you will have to repeat the process.

Regards,
Jorge Díaz