Fórum

Heavy Liferay customization

Alessio G. Baroni, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Heavy Liferay customization

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 18/05/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi to all,
I have a very big problem. I'm developing a particular portal, where I have a hierachy of roles: some portlets are only for
some roles and some portlets change their functionality with different roles. I have also a portlet to create new users with relative role.
I have the same set of pages (fixed in design phase) for all users. How do I to associate the pages with new users? I must to launch a creations series
in Java code? How? Can I to do a custom initial installation and then do only the associations? How?

Excuse me for my english.
Thanks to all.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Heavy Liferay customization

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
There is a property in portal.properties which you can override in portal-ext.properties in which you can specify the new user layout and the new user portlets that are placed on their new private pages.

Is that kinda what you're looking for?
Alessio G. Baroni, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 18/05/11 Postagens Recentes
Yes! Which are this properties?

I have another question: Can I to configuring liferay to automatically view a portlet according to role of an user?

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Open the portal.properties file and search for "Default User Private Layouts". There's a number of properties named default.user.private.layout and default.user.public.layout where you can define the default theme, the portlets to be placed in the columns for the theme, etc.

I'm not sure what you're asking for, whether you want to impersonate another user to see how they would view the portlet or you are talking about role-based permissions to control the view to the portlet, or perhaps something else that I'm not understanding, sorry.