New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 19/07/17 Postagens Recentes
Hello to all
I want to design a medical system that has the following main features
Turning a visit
Online Visit
Manage publication and comments
Medical records
Online Drug Store , ...
I checked the Liferay 7 and the available portlets in it . in this system we have to customize and change more available liferay portlets. Unfortunately, I did not find the documents that describes the structure of files and portlets classes and I have not customized any available liferay portlets.
According to the above, it is better to use a liferay , or not using liferay and use java and its frameworks, such as Spring and Hibernate, ... to implement this system.
What is your offer?
please guide me
thanks
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: using liferay or no

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
moh saberi:
I checked the Liferay 7 and the available portlets in it . in this system we have to customize and change more available liferay portlets. Unfortunately, I did not find the documents that describes the structure of files and portlets classes and I have not customized any available liferay portlets.
According to the above, it is better to use a liferay , or not using liferay and use java and its frameworks, such as Spring and Hibernate, ... to implement this system.

In the end, the answer is "it depends". As you ask this question on liferay.com, you probably expect some bias. Here's mine:

If you start from scratch, you'll miss things like identity management, page management, content management (if only for documentation on the user interface) and a freely configurable permission system, among others. Out of the box, Liferay allows you to create accounts, integrate with LDAP, SingleSignOn systems, those are features that you won't need to implement yourself. You'll find a lot of infrastructure work already done. You can change the appearance of a site without deploying new code - and even deploying new code in a running system is a breeze.

Compare that to starting with an empty web.xml, creating your first servlet: Will you start with a login? Will you save your passwords in a future proof and safe way? What about password recovery? Which LDAP server will you integrate - if at all? Are you confident that this decision holds into the future?

This is all to say: Build on Liferay and you don't need to build this infrastructure. Naturally, you'll still need to build your application. But you can concentrate on the business layer. Naturally you'll have to understand how to use the infrastructure, but that should be a lot easier than building it yourself.

You state that you didn't find "the documents": I'm not sure what you need currently, but there is a lot of information on dev.liferay.com. And Liferay, the company, offers training. Start with "Mastering Fundamentals" to get an overview.