Fórum

So many questions...

Chris Miller, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

So many questions...

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 21/06/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi Folks,

I now have a newly minted Liferay site. As I embark on the configuration exercise, I have so many questions. The answer to all of these questions is, "Yes, Liferay can do that" and the real point of asking here is to learn how much work is involved, meaning:
  • This is a feature right out of the box, with a little bit of configuration
  • There is already a provision but I need to deploy something else as well
  • There is no provision, but I can to develop an application

I don't think any of my questions will be unique to my deployment.
  • Can my Liferay users authenticate to my Microsoft Windows Active Directory?
  • Has anybody ever integrated Apache Guacamole (RDP, VNC, SSH) with Liferay? Or does Liferay do those things natively?
  • I have a substantial library of assets which include images, audio, video, and documents. Is there content management for this class of content?
  • Can Liferay communicate with unregistered guests via SMS?
  • Can Liferay represent Contacts and Calendar from a Zimbra mail server? If not, can Liferay serve Contacts and Calendar to a Zimbra mail server?
  • Can Liferay "print" any viewable page as a PDF document?
    ---- Use Case: Integrate Liferay content with my proprietary back-end system. Our backend system files PDFs conveniently, so any client interaction in Liferay can be captured as a page print to a PDF file and then filed in the back-end system. Integration with that system would be prohibitively complex.

Finally, is there a manual that answers all these questions already?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: So many questions...

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
1) You can add ldap servers for authentication
2) No idea.
3) You can store files in the Document Library
4) No idea.
5) No idea.
6) In general yes. Liferay uses Libre Office to print content to pdf. You need to install LO and enable the integration in the Server Administration

Btw.: You could browse the market place with your requirements. Maybe somebody has developed something for SMS or Zimbra.

Edit: Sorry, I had messed up the numbering.