Fórum

Moving Liferay workspace to new computer

Peter Helgren, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Moving Liferay workspace to new computer

Regular Member Postagens: 124 Data de Entrada: 14/11/13 Postagens Recentes
We have received new developer workstations (nice)..but I have had difficulty in moving my Liferay IDE and workspace to the new machine. My LR7 IDE installation and workspace lived on a hard drive which I have moved to the new PC so the relative paths to the resources have remained the same. I copied over my .eclipse, .liferay, .liferay-ide, .m2, .gradle, .bnd folders. Again, paths have not changed but the OS has (moved from Windows 7 to 10 ...bleah). I started eclipse with a -clean flag when I first started the IDE on the new PC.

Liferay GA4 tomcat starts up just fine. I can run the gradle tasks and they complete without error. However, on a deploy, when I expect a new or updated .jar file to be created, nothing gets created or updated. Again, no errors, but also no output...strange.

There is an error as the IDE starts up which could be the cause, but I don't know. It is displayed in the error console:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.core [381]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.core"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.0.4.v20170307-1435"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1620)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1599)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1571)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1514)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

These are reported as a "FrameworkEvent ERROR" in the console.

Has anyone had experience in moving their IDE and Workspace? Any suggestions on how best to resolve the error or move forward?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Moving Liferay workspace to new computer

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Peter Helgren:
Has anyone had experience in moving their IDE and Workspace? Any suggestions on how best to resolve the error or move forward?

I would clean out the osgi/state, work, tomcat/work and tomcat/temp directories.

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!

Thanks David. <REVISED> YES! That seemed to be the ticket! I still saw the errors in the console but had failed to clear it and a*assumed* nothing had changed. It appears to be OK now....still checking other modules....
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Same paths on both systems, or same path but now D:\ instead of C:\?

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!

These guys had always hung out at E:/ (both IDE and workspace) Just needed a good cleaning apparently... Again, thanks for the help!