Fórum

how to customize portlet title via hook

Alex Man, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

how to customize portlet title via hook

Junior Member Postagens: 70 Data de Entrada: 08/02/16 Postagens Recentes
Can anyone please tell me how to customize portlet title via hook. Which jsp page I need to change for customizing the title content. Actually I need to add a breadcrumb within the portlet titele, by default as we know it does not have breadcrumb within the portlet title.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: how to customize portlet title via hook

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You will never find it in a JSP file. It is not driven by the JSP.

The title comes from the language bundle and/or the portlet.xml file for the portlet itself. In certain cases such as web content, the web content display adopts the title of the web content it is displaying.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
I think I either type too much, or type too slow. Everytime I hit publish I find my answer below yours David emoticon

David H Nebinger:
You will never find it in a JSP file. It is not driven by the JSP.

The title comes from the language bundle and/or the portlet.xml file for the portlet itself. In certain cases such as web content, the web content display adopts the title of the web content it is displaying.

Thanks David for the quick reply.

So how can I put breadcrumbs within the portlet title, Is there any alternative solution
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Alex Man:
So how can I put breadcrumbs within the portlet title, Is there any alternative solution

You can't. Content doesn't have breadcrumbs, they are a page/layout option. Drop the breadcrumbs portlet on the page above your content portlet and you should be fine.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: how to customize portlet title via hook (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Alex,

Just for future reference, it'd good to start by listing out which version of the product you are working with. Historically it might not have mattered as much, but some things have really changed between the older versions of the product and 7. In the case of this question though, maybe not -

You should be able to control the portlet tile use a language bundle setting. javax.portlet.title I think it is -- provide that the language bundle is unique to your portlet (meaning you don't have one Language.properties file that is referenced by several portlet configurations).

For you question/statement about the title of the portlet in the breadcrumbs, that's not really how it works. Breadcrumbs are used to track a users movement through PAGES, which are a higher level entity than the portlets. You can have one page (let call it Contact Us) but that page could have several portlets on it. Using the title of the portlet in this case would be confusing because... which portlet do you use?

Maybe if you explain a little more background on what you are trying to achieve, we can guide you towards the best solution.

Andrew Jardine:
Maybe if you explain a little more background on what you are trying to achieve, we can guide you towards the best solution.

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

I am using Liferay 6.2 CE GA6 version. Actually in my portlet title content I need to place some more labels which are inline editable and saving.In addition to that below the title I need to place a breadcrumbs