Fórum

Analytics on Liferay 7

Edward A, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Analytics on Liferay 7

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 16/06/17 Postagens Recentes
We are building an app for a client that requires that we offer them a way to know how the app is being used. Based on their requirements, we have chosen to integrate Google Analytics onto our Liferay app. However, although we saw that adding this feature was fairly easy on Liferay 6.2 and it's detailed on this doco, it is not as straightforward on Liferay 7.0 GA3. The Instance Settings window does give you the ability to "Enter one analytics system name per line.", but that's it.

So, I have two questions:
  • Is there a better way of providing analytics insights based on the information below?, and
  • How can we integrate analytics services such as Google's solution on Liferay?

Metrics
-Amount of visits
-Amount of visits to specific sections within the app.
-Amount of time users stay on an specific page
Reporting
-Weekly
-Monthly
-Yearly

- The report should be available online
- The report should be downloadable as a PDF
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Analytics on Liferay 7

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Edward A:
However, although we saw that adding this feature was fairly easy on Liferay 6.2 and it's detailed on this doco, it is not as straightforward on Liferay 7.0 GA3.

Although the UI changed between the versions, the implementation surely hasn't. I don't see how if you could capture the desired metrics under 6.2, that you can't also capture them under 7.0.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Edward A:
We are building an app for a client that requires that we offer them a way to know how the app is being used. Based on their requirements, we have chosen to integrate Google Analytics onto our Liferay app. However, although we saw that adding this feature was fairly easy on Liferay 6.2 and it's detailed on this doco, it is not as straightforward on Liferay 7.0 GA3. The Instance Settings window does give you the ability to "Enter one analytics system name per line.", but that's it.

So, I have two questions:
  • Is there a better way of providing analytics insights based on the information below?, and
  • How can we integrate analytics services such as Google's solution on Liferay?

Metrics
-Amount of visits
-Amount of visits to specific sections within the app.
-Amount of time users stay on an specific page
Reporting
-Weekly
-Monthly
-Yearly

- The report should be available online
- The report should be downloadable as a PDF

Instead of starting with the question on how to implement in Liferay - I recommend you first learn the basics of what Google has to offer you through analytics.google.com (and tagmanager.google.com). There is a lot of introductory material there.

Then you might create a simple static html page outside of Liferay, and learn to track page views, events, and so on, where you then actually see such via analytics.google.com.

After you learn to do the above, come back to the forums here and ask how to implement in Liferay - which won't be that different from what you did via the simple static html page (see above).
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Edward, I think you might have thrown readers (including David and I) off the trail with your list of requirements - where it would seem you expect that Liferay was to meet the requirements that Google analytics is responsible for ?

As for entering a google analytics id in Liferay 7, see the section on Analytics at the bottom of this knowledge base page: https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/creating-sites
Clément Soullard, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 24/07/17 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I think you went on the Instance Settings wich is different: to make it like indicated by the doc, you have to go to Site Setting in the configuration menu of your site (Not on in the configuration menu of the instance)
Isay Villanueva Leija, modificado 5 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 23/12/14 Postagens Recentes
Hello

I think David ando Jack could be more polite.

We arrive to this forums to request help, please moderar the answers.

Best regards