Fórum

How to upgrade liferay 7 CE GA3 to Liferay 7 CE GA4

thumbnail
Praveen Mistry, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

How to upgrade liferay 7 CE GA3 to Liferay 7 CE GA4

Junior Member Postagens: 27 Data de Entrada: 23/03/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi All

I want to upgrade "Liferay 7 CE GA3" to "Liferay 7 CE GA4", for that I have followed step show in this thread

but I`m not able to get my old data from "Liferay 7 CE GA3".

Thank You!
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: How to upgrade liferay 7 CE GA3 to Liferay 7 CE GA4

Liferay Master Postagens: 549 Data de Entrada: 25/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Praveen,

Between those versions you basically have to do a backup and execute the upgrade client:
https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/7-0/upgrading-to-liferay-7#running-the-upgrade

I hope it helps.

Regards!
Spa Movy, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 07/04/11 Postagens Recentes
How about upgrade of local development server GA3 to GA4, which uses hypersonic?
Update tool supports only "db2 mariadb mysql oracle postgresql sqlserver sybase", no hypersonic..
thumbnail

Hi Alberto Chaparro, Spa Movy

Getting error -
"Current URL /group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_users_admin_web_portlet_UsersAdminPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized generates exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

after upgrading from 7 CE GA3 to Liferay 7 CE GA4 while trying to access users, no user is showing in users and organization which I created in GA3.

although when I create new user, got store in database and displayed in Users and Organizations.

I`m using MySQL database.

Thank You!
thumbnail

RE: How to upgrade liferay 7 CE GA3 to Liferay 7 CE GA4 (Resposta)

Hi Praveen,

It seems that you need to reindex search indexes, have you tried that?
Marc Herren, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 25/10/16 Postagens Recentes
After the upgrade I'm facing the following problems:

Virtual instances are gone (at least on the control panel, we can still access them externally) Once I click in the admin panel I get:

14:50:55,881 ERROR [ajp-nio-7160-exec-8][IncludeTag:128] Current URL /group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=com_liferay_portal_instances_web_portlet_PortalInstancesPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized generates exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.instances.service.PortalInstancesLocalServiceUtil.getDefaultCompanyId(PortalInstancesLocalServiceUtil.java:83)
at org.apache.jsp.instance_005factions_jsp._jspService(instance_005factions_jsp.java:316)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:111)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:411)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:473)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:377)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.servlet.jsp.compiler.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:413)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.servlet.jsp.compiler.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:424)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.registration.EndpointRegistration.service(EndpointRegistration.java:153)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.servlet.ResponseStateHandler.processRequest(ResponseStateHandler.java:62)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.context.DispatchTargets.doDispatch(DispatchTargets.java:117)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.servlet.RequestDispatcherAdaptor.include(RequestDispatcherAdaptor.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.DirectServletPathRegisterDispatcher.include(DirectServletPathRegisterDispatcher.java:67)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.doDispatch(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:78)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.include(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:53)
at com.liferay.taglib.search.JSPSearchEntry.print(JSPSearchEntry.java:76)
at org.apache.jsp.html.taglib.ui.search_005fiterator.lexicon.list_jsp._jspService(list_jsp.java:1172)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

Thoug I gonna re-index the searches, but there I get a "Portlet is temporarily unavailable." and

14:52:48,282 ERROR [ajp-nio-7160-exec-8][render_portlet_jsp:131] null
javax.portlet.PortletException: processAction method not implemented
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.processAction(GenericPortlet.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet.callActionMethod(LiferayPortlet.java:191)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet.callActionMethod(MVCPortlet.java:418)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet.processAction(LiferayPortlet.java:93)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet.processAction(MVCPortlet.java:260)
at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:71)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:107)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.registration.EndpointRegistration.service(EndpointRegistration.java:153)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.servlet.ResponseStateHandler.processRequest(ResponseStateHandler.java:62)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.context.DispatchTargets.doDispatch(DispatchTargets.java:117)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.servlet.RequestDispatcherAdaptor.include(RequestDispatcherAdaptor.java:48)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:530)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:576)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:334)
at com.liferay.portal.monitoring.internal.portlet.MonitoringInvokerPortlet.processAction(MonitoringInvokerPortlet.java:189)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl._processAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:386)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl.processAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:118)
at com.liferay.portlet.SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.processAction(SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.java:94)

So something wnet completly wrong ?!

Any suggestions?
thumbnail

Open Command prompt and go into below location -“\tools\portal-tools-db-upgrade-client”
And run following command -
java -jar com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.jar

Hope it`s help You.
Marc Herren, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 25/10/16 Postagens Recentes
Done that during the upgrade... didn't help
thumbnail

We have upgrade Liferay. Please review if you missed something. Here are the steps I followed.

- Copy “portal-setup-wizard.properties” file from Liferay 7CE GA3 home folder into home folder of Liferay 7CE GA4

- Inside this file(“portal-setup-wizard.properties”) Change liferay.home property value,set path of Liferay 7CE GA4 home

- Copy portal-ext.properties file from liferay 7CE GA3 home folder into home folder of liferay 7CE GA4

- Create following files into “\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\osgi\configs” folder -
1. com.liferay.portal.search.configuration.IndexStatusManagerConfiguration.cfg
Put following content in file -
indexReadOnly=true
2. com.liferay.portal.store.file.system.configuration.FileSystemStoreConfiguration.cfg
rootDir={document_library_path}

- Update Following files(location:- \liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\tools\portal-tools-db-upgrade-client)
1. app-server.properties
dir=../../tomcat-8.0.32
extra.lib.dirs=/bin
global.lib.dir=/lib
portal.dir=/webapps/ROOT
server.detector.server.id=tomcat
2. portal-upgrade-database.properties
Put following content in file(This is for mysql database change value as par your DB server) - Update password and port
jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.password=CHANGEME
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:URL
jdbc.default.username=root

3. portal-upgrade-ext.properties
liferay.home=../../
Hibernate.jdbc.batch_size:300

Open Command prompt and go into below location -“\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\tools\portal-tools-db-upgrade-client”
And run following command -
java -jar com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.jar

- After completion of upgrade you need to change indexReadOnly=false in “com.liferay.portal.search.configuration.IndexStatusManagerConfiguration.cfg” file (location:- \liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\osgi\configs)
- Start server and Execute Reindex all search indexes in control panel
Ronak Kothari, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 31/08/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi Praveen,

I have followed the steps but when I run the upgrade jar file, I get the following errors: (PFA error log file)

Kindly guide me what I can do to resolve. Thanks.
thumbnail

Hi Ronak,

Your stacktrace:
09:43:33,956 ERROR [main][DialectDetector:137] java.lang.RuntimeException: Driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver claims to not accept jdbcUrl, jdbc:URL
java.lang.RuntimeException: Driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver claims to not accept jdbcUrl, jdbc:URL

It seems that your not fullfill portal-upgrade-database.properties properly, check jdbc properties:
    #jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    #jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?characterEncoding=UTF-8&dontTrackOpenResources=true&holdResultsOpenOverStatementClose=true&useFastDateParsing=false&useUnicode=true
    #jdbc.default.username=
    #jdbc.default.password=

Please, if you want ton continue investigating this, open a new ticket seems it not releated with the current one.
Ronak Kothari, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 31/08/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi Alberto,

I have already done that here (https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/94327712). Could you please guide me further. I have updated the DB properties.
Now when I run the update jar and provide all tomcat paths, it gives:

Error running upgrade
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 101: C:\Users\ronak.kothari\liferay-ce-portal-to
mcat-7.0-ga4\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\tomcat-8.0.32\bin\C:\Users\ronak.kothari\liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-g
a4\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4\tomcat-8.0.32\bin
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.toPath(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.UpgradeClient._getRelativeFileNames(UpgradeClient.java:3
41)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.UpgradeClient._verifyAppServerProperties(UpgradeClient.j
ava:517)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.UpgradeClient.verifyProperties(UpgradeClient.java:239)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.UpgradeClient.upgrade(UpgradeClient.java:148)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.db.upgrade.client.UpgradeClient.main(UpgradeClient.java:109)
thumbnail

Hi Ronak,

As I said before, please, open a new thread since this one is not related to your error.

We will be able to help you in the new thread.

Regards.
Kevin Matthews, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 253 Data de Entrada: 25/01/16 Postagens Recentes
ok will do
Kevin Matthews, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 253 Data de Entrada: 25/01/16 Postagens Recentes
Kevin Matthews:
ok will do

sorry wrong post emoticon
Horelvis Castillo, modificado 3 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 25/09/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Marc Herren

I am the same issue, Do you found a solution to this error?

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.instances.service.PortalInstancesLocalServiceUtil.getDefaultCompanyId(PortalInstancesLocalServiceUtil.java:63)

Thank you!