Fórum

CSS changes not showing

thumbnail
Christopher Wilbraham, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

CSS changes not showing

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 16/02/11 Postagens Recentes
I'm new to Liferay Development so I may be doing something entirely wrong. I currently have a page which is using the Classic theme. I'd like to make some changes to the custom.css file. So I've created my _diffs folder within the /themes/classic folder and have my custom.css file which I'm editing. I'm using Dreaweaver to upload my custom.css file to the server. When I refresh the page, there seems to be no changes taking place. I've tried clearing the cache in Liferay and even restarted the server entirely with no luck at all. I'd appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

Thanks in Advance!
thumbnail
Sergio González Barrios, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: CSS changes not showing

Junior Member Postagens: 65 Data de Entrada: 27/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Nerver you have to change default themes of LR. If you want to change any theme like Classic theme you have to create a new theme and copy in it the Classic theme. When you make changes on your theme you have to deploy it so you have 2 options:

First: you can use ant tools from apache ant to exec "ant deploy".

Second: you can move your themes folder to the folder "deploy" in your bundles and then automatically this theme will deploy.

Remenber, always you make chenges on your theme you have to deploy it.
thumbnail

Thanks for the response about deploying. I'm not seeing the "deploy" folder anywhere. Where is that located?
thumbnail

Also, if I was to use Apache ant. What directory do I need to run "ant deploy" from?
thumbnail

I'm trying to use ant now. I've got ant installed but when I try to run the ant deploy command I get the following message:

Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed

Sorry - I'm lost! I appreciate your help.
thumbnail
Rob Chan, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 82 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Christopher Wilbraham:
I'm trying to use ant now. I've got ant installed but when I try to run the ant deploy command I get the following message:

Build failed

The apache ant installation instructions are located here:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/initial-set-8

Head down to the ant configuration section.

Then when you want to build your .war file, in command prompt, go to the folder you have your build.xml file in (Usually in /docroot of your project) and type:

"ant deploy"

There's a way you can completely do this via a graphical user interface if you install the IDE plugin for eclipse.
thumbnail

Rob Chan:
Christopher Wilbraham:

Build failed

The apache ant installation instructions are located here:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/initial-set-8

Head down to the ant configuration section.

Then when you want to build your .war file, in command prompt, go to the folder you have your build.xml file in (Usually in /docroot of your project) and type:

"ant deploy"

There's a way you can completely do this via a graphical user interface if you install the IDE plugin for eclipse.

I've gone through the ant setup and I'm still not seeing the build.xml file anywhere. Do I need to create this file or is it usually generated?
thumbnail
Rob Chan, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 82 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
The build.xml file is created when you make a new Liferay project. For example:

If you input "create.bat my-greeting "My Greeting"" in the command prompt, you get a project folder labeled "my-greeting-portlet" which contains a "docroot" folder with the build.xml file created inside.

For more example information:
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/creating-a-theme
Kyle Dyer, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 17/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi.

I am not seeing CSS changes either. I've created a new theme based off of classic and made changes to the custom.css in both _diff and css dir. I've deployed the .war and selected the theme in the Control Panel. The changes are not displaying. Any help is appreciated.

thank you.

Kyle
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Which steps did you execute?

Steps to modify classic theme is in the following page. The build should copy all the files from the classic theme to your theme.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/theme-inheritance

If your theme does not contain all classic theme files after the build, you've probably missed something. Try going through the tutorial on developing your own theme once again to get the idea.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/introduct-10