Fórum

How to permanently remove deployed portlets in Liferay 7?

Rajat Pancholy, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

How to permanently remove deployed portlets in Liferay 7?

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 10/06/17 Postagens Recentes
There was a Portlet that I created and successfully deployed on the server. But after having faced some issues in it, I decided to remove it.
For that, from the Apache GoGo Felix shell, I first stopped the Portlet and then uninstalled it. It successfully removed even from the Web Portal as well. After that, I deleted that module from my Eclipse workspace as well (with "delete project contents from disk" option selected).
But when I restart my server, I noticed that the portlet that I removed was again "Active" on the server, and was re-deployed on the Web Portal. How can it be? I again stopped and uninstalled it, then again it was back after restarting the server.
This has happened with 3-4 modules that I tried to remove.
What is it where I am going wrong in deleting the portlet? Is there anything else that needs to be done apart from what I did?
I am using Liferay Community Edition Portal 7.0.2 GA3.
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: How to permanently remove deployed portlets in Liferay 7? (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Deployed portlets are placed inside the osgi/modules folder. Simply delete them from there.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: How to permanently remove deployed portlets in Liferay 7?

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
One additional note:
  • As explained Christoph, portlets created as osgi modules (=stored in a jar file) are located in osgi/modules
  • But portlets created with old SDK (=stored in a war file) are deployed in osgi/war

Deleting the jar or war file from that directories, will remove portlet forever
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
And additional notes - those deployed from inside of eclipse must be removed from within eclipse. There is no file to delete within the osgi directory.

Same goes I believe with the gogo install, IIRC it doesn't get copied in, but OSGi will include the jar from the location used for the install command.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Rajat Pancholy, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 10/06/17 Postagens Recentes
Thanks everyone for your input.

I was able to resolve this by the deleting the appropriate files from the osgi/modules folder.