Fórum

Getting issues with create bash scripts

thumbnail
David Kit, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Getting issues with create bash scripts

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 04/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello. After running chmod 777 onto the create.sh (not too sure why I have to do this... I thought it was meant to be executable by default) - I found another issue with creating a Hook...

For some reason the echo section in the bash script was causing errors.

Removing it seemed to work. However, the ./create.sh syntax failed horribly, had to use bash create.sh

Why might this be?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Getting issues with create bash scripts

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Hey, David, not sure what kinds of issues you're actually getting, but the "chmod 777" thing should not be necessary, nor using bash directly to launch the scripts...

Can you provide some more info, i.e. what flavor of Unix/Linux are you using, what kinds of error messages you were getting, who the user/group is that owns the folder(s) for the SDK, etc., but we'll need more to help diagnose the issue...
thumbnail
David Kit, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Getting issues with create bash scripts

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 04/02/10 Postagens Recentes
woops. Another late one. I am using MacOSX, basically, it starts off with the file extracted without execution permissions, so the way out of it was to run the chmod 777 to allow execution of that script.

With regarding to bash, it only needs the file to be readable, not executable. So running bash on the script is fine without modification.

I just got a little stumped following those instructions several months back because I was following the developer guide - but once I got used to seeing it it wasn't such a big deal.

Hope that makes sense emoticon