Fórum

plugin project creation failures

Bill Halpin, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

plugin project creation failures

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 17/03/17 Postagens Recentes
I recently installed IDE 7 in Luna eclipse and I am getting numerous download failures when I attempt to create a new plugin project.The files its attempting to download are :

:: com.liferay#com.liferay.portal.tools.wsdd.builder;1.0.2!com.liferay.portal.tools.wsdd.builder.jar
[ivy:resolve] :: org.apache.axis#axis-ant;1.4!axis-ant.jar
[ivy:resolve] :: org.apache.axis#axis-jaxrpc;1.4!axis-jaxrpc.jar
[ivy:resolve] :: org.apache.axis#axis-saaj;1.4!axis-saaj.jar
[ivy:resolve] :: axis#axis-wsdl4j;1.5.1!axis-wsdl4j.jar
[ivy:resolve] :: commons-discovery#commons-discovery;0.2!commons-discovery.jar

As well as commons-logging....here is a snippet of the errors:

module not found: commons-logging#commons-logging;1.0.4
[ivy:resolve] ==== local-m2: tried
[ivy:resolve] file:///Users/whalpin/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
[ivy:resolve] -- artifact commons-logging#commons-logging;1.0.4!commons-logging.jar:
[ivy:resolve] file:///Users/whalpin/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
[ivy:resolve] ==== liferay-public: tried
[ivy:resolve] https://cdn.lfrs.sl/repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/groups/public/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
[ivy:resolve] -- artifact commons-logging#commons-logging;1.0.4!commons-logging.jar:
[ivy:resolve] https://cdn.lfrs.sl/repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/groups/public/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
[ivy:resolve] ==== liferay-private: tried
[ivy:resolve] https://repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-private-releases/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
[ivy:resolve] https://repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-private-releases/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
[ivy:resolve] [FAILED ] com.liferay#com.liferay.portal.tools.wsdd.builder;1.0.2!com.li

The issue does not seem to be a proxy issue, it obviously downloads some files and I have added the proxy block to ivy-common-build.xml. I've also attempted to access the files via the browser and I get ACCESS DENIED errors and I am able to access folders further up the hierarchies in some cases.

Anyone have a quick fix for this? I'm going to try to get copies of the the jars and put them locally under the .m2 folder but figured I should actually ask around about it since it seems like I'm being denied access to files in the liferay.com repo that should be public.

Thanks

-bill

RE: plugin project creation failures

Upon further review, I can see the problem is on my side but I am still flummoxed as to what the problem actually is. The failures occur whether or not I am using the proxy so I still dont think that is the problem but in the interest of pursuing all avenues, here is what I changed in build-common-ivy.xml where proxy.server is actually the address of our proxy:

[line 132]
<if>
<not>
<available file="${ivy.home}/ivy-${ivy.version}.jar" />
</not>
<then>
<mkdir dir="${ivy.home}" />
<setproxy proxyhost="proxy.server." proxyport="8080" />
<!-- <mirrors-get -->
<get
dest="${ivy.home}/ivy-${ivy.version}.jar"
src="${ivy.jar.url}"
/>
</then>
</if>

I installed the IDE within Eclipse (Luna) because I havent been able to download a viable bundle for MacOS. I've downloaded it multiple times and all I get is the same corrupted Eclipse.app file.

I'm just getting back into java development recently so I apologize in advance for being a bit of a novice, until I was assigned this project, I hadnt really done any java work for about 15 years. Maven was still in beta at the time so yeah I've got some catching up to do lol emoticon

So the problem with the bundled download appears to have been a gatekeeper issue, I was able to get it working with:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Eclipse.app

Still cant create a plugin project however. In addition to the aforementioned steps taken, I've added arguments to the eclipse.ini file for the proxy as well making sure the proxy was set correctly in Prefs->General->Net conns. I've also set the proxy with ANT_OPTS before opening Eclipse from the same terminal.

I still cannot build.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello Bill,

Sorry for the trouble, we will try to help you get going. First a couple of questions

1) what version of Liferay Portal are you targeting?

2) What version of Liferay IDE do you have installed?

LR 7 and 3.0.1 b1 on a mac.

Thanks Gregory!! emoticon
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Bill,

I would recommend using maven or gradle as those build environments will not suffer these problems.

If you are interested in Modular development (aka OSGi) see these sets of tutorials:

https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/starting-module-development

WE still can support you building traditional WARs but just using maven/gradle if you would prefer to avoid modular development paradigm. Let me know if that is the case and I can point you to the right direction.

Gregory

I honestly dont know how to respond. I'm not familiar with this 'modular paradigm' so I guess I need to read up on it. Having done a quick perusal of that page, it seems to be more CLI based and I was just finally getting up to speed with using a GUI IDE, seems like a step backward to me.

I do know the target system requires WAR files for deployment currently, but I do not know if that is a hard and fast requirement. If LR 7 development is easier and faster under this new paradigm I can likely make the case for changing the deployment process.
thumbnail
Lawrence Lee, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 11/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Bill,

I just wanted to chime in briefly to maybe ease your concern a bit. We do fully support development on Liferay IDE with gradle/maven.

For example, Gradle with Liferay IDE and Liferay Workspace with Liferay IDE is where I would start.

I understand that if you prefer to deploy your applications using WARs, we have limited documentation on that process with LR 7. You'll be able to find our extension points mentioned here. https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/liferay-sample-modules

Hopefully this helps.
thumbnail
James Hinkey, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 62 Data de Entrada: 15/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Bill,

Liferay 7 does indeed support developing traditional plugins (e.g., ones you create and develop using the Liferay Plugins SDK or Maven). You can create them using the Liferay Plugins SDK or Maven and deploy them as you always have.

The tutorial series From Liferay DXP/Portal 6 to 7 is the best place to start. The first couple of articles introduce you to Liferay 7 and explain what's the same and what's changed. Then you can either continue learning about modular development or jump ahead to the tooling improvements and upgrading your existing plugins.

As I said, you can continue using the Plugins SDK and Maven as you had in Liferay Portal 6.x. But make sure to upgrade your environment (Plugins SDK or Maven) to the 7.0 version.

After you've upgraded any existing plugins that are in a Plugins SDK, you can optionally migrate the plugins to Gradle and Liferay Workspace. This lets you benefit from all that's in Workspace and frees you from the Plugins SDK, which is supported but deprecated.

OK. Did a little reading, felt like I was reasonably caught up and decided to try to port my 2 existing projects using the Code Upgrade Tool as suggested...it refuses to import my projects and gives me an error: "The SDK name of this PluginsSDK is not set". When I googled this error I found some outdated threads but nothing current that would tell me how I set this property.
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
hi Bill , what is your liferay-ide version ?
also , could you share your steps to reproduce this issue ?

Still using the versions mentioned above: LR 7 and 3.0.1 b1 on a mac.

My mac was just rebuilt a week ago to fix some OS issues. Its running 10.12.1 Sierra.

With a clean mac I installed the latest java followed by the ide. Then I removed eclipse from quarantine using xattr.

When I attempted to open eclipse I got a java error requesting legacy java package. I got that from Apple and installed it.

This produced a new java error so I reinstalled the latest java and then everything started up as expected.

Just realized you probably meant the steps in eclipse...havent had my coffee yet emoticon

From the Project menu I selected Liferay Code Upgrade Tool.

Maximized the panel and click the arrow. Browse to my project and it tells me its not valid.
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 144 Data de Entrada: 03/05/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi Bill,

What kind of project do u want to upgrade?
If they are plugin SDK projects, u should just browse to the sdk location instead of the project location.
If they are maven projects, then browse to project location.

Hope that works for u.

SDK plugin project....why would I point it to the SDK location? It specifically says 'Select Project(s) to upgrade' if i wanted to upgrade the SDK itself wouldnt I just do it from within Eclipse or download the latest version and reconfigure?

i havent downloaded/configured the latest SDK as I was under the impression I should be upgrading to a workspace if I want to move to the modular paradigm. Am I still misunderstanding something here?
thumbnail
Joye Luo, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 144 Data de Entrada: 03/05/16 Postagens Recentes
Hey Bill,
Sorry for the confusing description.
If u poinit to sdk location and choose "Upgrade to Liferay Workspace", there are two things will be done in step 2.
1. upgrade your sdk from 62 to 70 automatically.
2. create a liferay workspace and put the 70 sdk into the plugins-sdk folder( your project will be here) under liferay workspace directory.
And then other steps will be shown.

I had to use an old backup where I completely cloned my entire hierarchy including the bundles/plugins dirs but once I did that and used that hierarchy the process you outlined work. I also seem to be able to create new projects as well which I couldnt do under 6.2.

I did have to disconnect from the vpn for the process to work. Seems there were still some proxy issues I need to figure out but I should be able to start development again so thank you so much.