Fórum

Overriding Core JSP - JasperException not finding core jspf...

Ahmed Hasnaoui, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Overriding Core JSP - JasperException not finding core jspf...

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 22/05/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi there,

I followed a tutorial about how to override core jsps and also the tutorial in the knowledge base here

When I deploy my module that overrides the portlet_content_wrapper.jspf I get a JasperException caused in my jsp file (that overrides the jspf) saying it can't find the core jspf:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /html/common/themes/portlet.jsp (line: 78, column: 5) File [/html/common/themes/portlet_messages.jspf] not found

Liferay DXP Digital Enterprise 7.0.10 GA1 (Wilberforce / Build 7010 / June 15, 2016) with liferay-fix-pack-de-14-7010

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Overriding Core JSP - JasperException not finding core jspf...

Junior Member Postagens: 85 Data de Entrada: 12/07/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi Ahmed Hasnaoui
You might have got the solution for this. Still I am posting the solution here, as it might be helpful for others.

When I deploy my module that overrides the portlet_content_wrapper.jspf I get a JasperException caused in my jsp file (that overrides the jspf) saying it can't find the core jspf

While following the documentation you would have found the following code, inside activate method

Enumeration<url> entries = bundle.findEntries(
            getCustomJspDir(), "*.jsp", true);
</url>

This means, only files having pattern *.jsp will be overridden. So if you wish to override jspf files, you need to update the pattern as following:

Enumeration<url> entries = bundle.findEntries(
            getCustomJspDir(), "*.jsp*", true);
</url>

HTH
Gaurav