Fórum

Gradle com.liferay.portal.kernel version for CE 7.0-ga3

thumbnail
Abre Chase, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Gradle com.liferay.portal.kernel version for CE 7.0-ga3

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 07/02/17 Postagens Recentes
I am working on implementing a custom asset. The examples show a BaseAssetRendererFactory.getGroup method, but it is not available in the version I have in the gradle file that was generated by the Liferay IDE.

compileOnly group: "com.liferay.portal", name: "com.liferay.portal.kernel", version: "2.0.0"

I see the change was made over a year ago so I think it should be available in 7.0-ga3

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/commit/fb117a31533360c3d679b74fa37a3f20dfe99d67#diff-3e15ea129de77c7b50f445f269c1e096

How do I know which version of com.liferay.portal.kernel I should be using in my project?
thumbnail
Abre Chase, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Gradle com.liferay.portal.kernel version for CE 7.0-ga3

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 07/02/17 Postagens Recentes
As a workaround, I just copied the getGroup method from the newer version into my code with a TODO to remove. I'm not very happy with this approach though because I know that the getGroup method is available in the version of Liferay I am deploying to. I just can't use it in my development environment because the Liferay IDE code doesn't generate gradle code with the correct versions of the Liferay libraries for the deployment version.

Minimally, I think the Liferay team should publish the versions of the libraries used for each release. Ideally, the Liferay IDE could would be modified to generate the gradle code with the correct versions for the target deployment version.