Fórum

Liferay 7.0 Theme

Kevin Matthews, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay 7.0 Theme

Expert Postagens: 253 Data de Entrada: 25/01/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
Does anyone know how themes are created in Liferay 7.0 GA3?

I have installed gulp, yoeman, Node.js and Liferay theme generator. I would like to use the same classic theme but change the "the footer powered by Liferay" When I copied all the original classic theme from liferay source in liferay Github to my new themelet src folde , the new theme doesnt seem to be same as the classic theme. Please see the snippet below. Can someone help me please.

Thanks
Kevin
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 7.0 Theme

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
1. create a new theme using _styled as the parent theme.
2. copy files from classic theme to your new theme folder.
3. make necessary changes.
4. build and deploy.

This has nothing to do with themelets; themelets are not full themes and can provide specific functionality to another theme. Just create a regular theme project and use steps above for the theme project.

Oh, and rather than using latest files from github, stick with the source provided in your version. There can be and often are big differences depending upon activity going into development. The change you are seeing now where you think it's broke? That could simply be that the changes in master have those visual differences baked into the classic theme in master that are not part of the classic theme in the version you're using.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Kevin Matthews, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 253 Data de Entrada: 25/01/16 Postagens Recentes
David H Nebinger:
1. create a new theme using _styled as the parent theme.
2. copy files from classic theme to your new theme folder.
3. make necessary changes.
4. build and deploy.

This has nothing to do with themelets; themelets are not full themes and can provide specific functionality to another theme. Just create a regular theme project and use steps above for the theme project.

Oh, and rather than using latest files from github, stick with the source provided in your version. There can be and often are big differences depending upon activity going into development. The change you are seeing now where you think it's broke? That could simply be that the changes in master have those visual differences baked into the classic theme in master that are not part of the classic theme in the version you're using.

Hi David,
Ok, so I am in the right direction when creating a theme using the instructions provided in this link below. I should just choose _styled instead of classic.? I should copy the classic theme from my liferay source. Also, how do I get the source provide in my version? I have include a snippet of the version I am using. See attachement.

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-docs/blob/master/develop/tutorials/articles/260-themes-and-layout-templates/02-themes-generator.markdown
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Hey, if you can choose to use classic as a parent, so be it. Either way, use the source files that match your version. Source is available from where you downloaded, DXP source is on the customer site and CE source is available from sourceforge.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!