Fórum

Deploying Liferay 6.0.5 on Webphere Application Server 7.0

thumbnail
Gunjan Gautam, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Deploying Liferay 6.0.5 on Webphere Application Server 7.0

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 09/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I am new to Liferay.

Requirement : My purpose is to deploy Liferay 6.0.5 on Webphere Application Server 7.0.

Worked Done :
1.Placed following dependencies(Executable jars) in Websphere\lib\ext : portlet.jar,portal-service.jar,hsql.jar,mysql.jar,liferay-portal-jaas-4.0.0rc1.jar,portlet-container.jar
2.Then deployed liferay-portal-6.0.5.war in Webphere which was successful.

Issues :
1. I get an unstructured Liferay home page on which the links (if clicked) give an error message :"SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle localhost:9080 has not been defined."Please let me know what am I missing here to get a proper Liferay home page ?
2.The tutorial I followed for deploying Liferay on WAS asks me to do this "Liferay Home is in a folder called liferay in the home folder of the user ID
that is running WebSphere." Please let me know where am i suppose to create Liferay home exactly ?

Please refer the attached screenshot of my Liferay home page.

please help urgently !

Thanks,
Gunjan
thumbnail

RE: Deploying Liferay 6.0.5 on Webphere Application Server 7.0

hey anyone....................please help ...............m unable to find any way out !

Thanks All.
thumbnail
Richard Sezov, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 220 Data de Entrada: 07/02/07 Postagens Recentes
First question: why 6.0.5? 6.0.6 is the current CE release.

Second question: have you followed the WebSphere install instructions here:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/installing-liferay-for-an-enterpri-4

--Rich
thumbnail

RE: Deploying Liferay 6.0.5 on Webphere Application Server 7.0 (Resposta)

Hi Richard,

I have resolved the issue.
My Liferay Application could not find the context in WAS.
I missed defining the property :portal.ctx=/ in my portal-ext.properties.

anyways thanks for your prompt help ! emoticon
Athi Mookkaiah, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 10/08/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
I'm new to liferay, I have been trying to deploy the liferay 6.1 to WebSphere application server 7.0 and could not success , deployment fails.
I have followed the steps out there in the liferay community forum, no luck. Could you please explain what are all the things to be done in order to deploy the liferay war to WAS 7.0.0.17.
These are the details which I'm seeing it in the admin console.
If there are enterprise beans in the application, the EJB deployment process can take several minutes. Do not save the configuration until the process completes.

Check the SystemOut.log on the deployment manager or server where the application is deployed for specific information about the EJB deployment process as it occurs.

ADMA5016I: Installation of liferay-portal.war started.

ADMA0159W: Duplicate root context(/) was found on the same node ATL0LW00R8GELLKNode02 and same host default_host

ADMA5068I: The resource validation for application liferay-portal.war completed successfully, but warnings occurred during validation.

ADMA5058I: Application and module versions are validated with versions of deployment targets.

ADMA5054E: The InstalledOptionalPackage deployment task failed on liferay-portal.war: java.lang.NullPointerException

ADMA5011I: The cleanup of the temp directory for application liferay-portal.war is complete.

ADMA5014E: The installation of application liferay-portal.war failed.

The installation of application liferay-portal.war failed.

--------------------------
Sys out.
[8/10/12 1:05:30:812 EDT] 00000047 ModelMgr I Exception initializing deferred models
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R java.lang.NullPointerException
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigRepoHelper.getAppDeploymentResource(ConfigRepoHelper.java:959)
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.ConfigRepoHelper.getAppDeploymentForApp(ConfigRepoHelper.java:967)
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.InstalledOptionalPackageTask.install(InstalledOptionalPackageTask.java:185)
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.InstalledOptionalPackageTask.performTask(InstalledOptionalPackageTask.java:115)
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.management.application.SchedulerImpl.run(SchedulerImpl.java:285)
[8/10/12 1:05:31:296 EDT] 00000047 SystemErr R at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Thanks. Athi
thumbnail
Richard Sezov, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 220 Data de Entrada: 07/02/07 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

Please see the installation instructions in the User Guide here: https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/installing-liferay-on-an-existing-application-server.

Thanks!

--Rich
Athi Mookkaiah, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 10/08/12 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for your reply Rich.

I have followed the steps mentioned in the liferay documentation, the below are steps followed
1. Installed a dedicated WAS profile for liferay.
2. Downloaded the latest war from the additional files download section.
3. Downloaded and copied the latest dependencies jars to <apsserver install roo>lib\ext folder
4. Decided to go with liferay managed DB and mail session management, hence did not do anything specific to datasource.
5. Tried to install the war with "/" context root and "LiferayPortal" as application name.
step 5 could not complete and failed, you might notice "/" context already exists, that because I was trying to install the war multiple time without cancelling or logging out from console and recycled the server and removed the temp and tried to install again, it got failed saying, optionalpackage installation failed, hence deployment of the war module failed.
Am I missing anything here or misunderstood document steps ...? your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Athi M
thumbnail
Vijay Kumar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 13/12/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi..! I am new to liferay and i have created account and requested for enterprise edition trial and downloaded standalone war file from liferay for deploying the war file on WebSphere 6.1. I am facing problem in deploying liferay standalone war file to WebSphere Application Server 6.1. I have added all the dependencies jars downloaded from liferay and followed the steps which are mentioned in the User guide of liferay for deployment of war file for different servers. I failed to run war file on WebSphere v6.1 and then i tried to deploy that war file on tomcat 7.0 and not succeeded on tomcat as well. Can anyone please help me ASAP with the steps and how to deploy war file on different application servers.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks
Vijay Kumar
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2655 Data de Entrada: 27/07/05 Postagens Recentes
I ran into the "WebGroup/Virtual Host" error when I accidentally tried to visit http://localhost:9060 instead of http://localhost:9080
Suyash Bhalekar, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 24 Data de Entrada: 04/09/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Neil,

Please check your sever name and port settings.
By default there are two virtual host: Admin_host and default_host.
Please check settings of your web module for virtual host.
Suyash Bhalekar, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 24 Data de Entrada: 04/09/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Athi,

You can set context path for liferay portal while deploying liferay portal war say "lportal" and then in portal-ext.properties file you can override portal.ctx=/lportal.
And then try to access. This has worked for me.