Fórum

How to assign site membership to user group

santhosh kumar, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

How to assign site membership to user group

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 12/04/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi Guys,

I am currently working on Liferay, I having a requirement How to assign site membership to user group?,
I created a blank site , and created a user group included several peoples . But How to assign site membership to user group?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: How to assign site membership to user group

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
santhosh kumar:
I am currently working on Liferay, I having a requirement How to assign site membership to user group?,
I created a blank site , and created a user group included several peoples . But How to assign site membership to user group?

You might need to use the API if there's no UI. A site is called Group in the API, the call you most likely need is groupLocalService.addUserGroupGroup(userGroupId, groupId);
santhosh kumar, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 12/04/17 Postagens Recentes
Olaf Kock:
santhosh kumar:

You might need to use the API if there's no UI. A site is called Group in the API, the call you most likely need is groupLocalService.addUserGroupGroup(userGroupId, groupId);

Thanks for replay,
I need to do through admin
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1744 Data de Entrada: 06/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Go to Site Memberships for the Site where you are looking to do this change.. Select "User Groups" tab and assign user group you wish to associate.

Regards,
Sandeep
Lina Duarte, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 21/12/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi everyone,
I am running into an issue and I am not sure if it is a bug.

I am assigning a user group to "SiteA". I then assign "role1" for that user group for that site.
I add "test user" to the user group.

The test user shows up as a site member for "SiteA". However, when I look at the user profile through the control panel - "SiteA" does not show up in the inherited sites and "role1" is not assigned either.

I then manually went to "SiteA" --> members and assigned "role1" to "Test user".

The site now appears in "Test Users" inherited sites and the role is assigned.

Am I missing a step? I am looking for a way that I can associate a site role to a site and not have to update the role manually for the users in that group.