Fórum

exporting/importing categories [SOLVED]

Lirone75 M., modificado 12 Anos atrás.

exporting/importing categories [SOLVED]

Regular Member Postagens: 118 Data de Entrada: 19/03/07 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I'd like to enter once many categories (item categories of the control panel of course) and to export them once to import them later in the production environement.

Is it possible to do this ?

Thanks for your response.
venky racha, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: exporting/importing categories

Junior Member Postagens: 52 Data de Entrada: 26/07/09 Postagens Recentes
Lirone75 M.:
Hello,

I'd like to enter once many categories (item categories of the control panel of course) and to export them once to import them later in the production environement.

Is it possible to do this ?

Thanks for your response.

You can export and import categories. Go to manage pages in that click on export and import you can find export categories.

venky racha:
You can export and import categories. Go to manage pages in that click on export and import you can find export categories.

Hello,

that doesn't fit my need, because I don't want a lar with exported layouts, portlets (necessarily exported) and categories, I only want categories.
In the export/import ui's, 'layout' is preselected, are disabled, so cannot be deselected.

So when I will import the lar, the "test" pages will also be created in the production environnement and I don't want this.

Same things for portlets, that are necessarily exported.

Do I have to set a pre production environnement that is in fact just an empty production environnement just to be able to export categories ?

Why would liferay be designed this way ?
Why exporting just categories not possible ?
I only want categories. Is my question, my understanding of liferay incorrect ?

I'll initialize categories in a hook at starting up of the server.
thumbnail
Samir Gami, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 162 Data de Entrada: 04/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Lirone,
We have same requirement, do you have any utility to export/import only categories ?
Djordje Karanovic, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 06/10/11 Postagens Recentes
Lirone75 M.:
I'll initialize categories in a hook at starting up of the server.

Can you send me that hook on email: djordjek@hotmail.com, I would be very thankful!!!
Regards!
thumbnail
Enrique Valdes Lacasa, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: exporting/importing categories [SOLVED]

Junior Member Postagens: 92 Data de Entrada: 29/07/14 Postagens Recentes
Hello guys.

Thanks a lot for all the insights about exporting and importing categories: great ideas. This thread seems old, and I am not sure if any of you are still active... but if I could get that hook for creating categories in startup as well, that would be GREAT. You can send it at evaldes183@gmail.com. If you have it in a github repo where we can contribute, I could help out in there. For now, I will have a quick look in the Liferay Marketplace and see if I find something similar. I would love if someone that went through the same could save me the time in this.

If anyone has other suggestions to do this in current Liferay 6.2, they will be welcome.

Have a good day!
Enrique