Fórum

Developer Studio 3.0 vs. Liferay IDE 3.1m2 for DXP 7.x EE

Christopher Jazinski, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Developer Studio 3.0 vs. Liferay IDE 3.1m2 for DXP 7.x EE

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 17/10/16 Postagens Recentes
Good afternoon,

I hope this is being posted in the right place. First a little background. My institution is looking at moving from 6.2 EE to 7.x EE and I've been tasked with looking at what various changes would need to be made to make our currently deployed portlets work within 7.x EE. I've found documentation about using a Code Upgrade tool but only see that in regards to using the Liferay IDE (instead of the paid for version). here Is this tool not available for the paid product? Also what does Developer studio provide that the Liferay IDE does not? (I've been using Developer studio 2.2.2) I've noticed version 3.0 of the software doesn't really let you import any existing projects (6.2) very easily where as with the IDE I can specify the plugins sdk directory (copied over from Developer Studio 2.2.2 into a new directory) and get all the portlets to come into the new IDE with little effort. Is there a better article/blog post that talks more about the Enterprise side of converting pre-existing portlets? Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Developer Studio 3.0 vs. Liferay IDE 3.1m2 for DXP 7.x EE

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Right now it is only available in the 3.1 milestone, it is not yet final.

Once it is finished it will be added to the developer studio.

Studio 3.0's primary goal was successful integration of gradle and support for the Liferay Workspace, all key points for Liferay DXP development.

The upgrade tool currently being worked on wasn't ready when Liferay 7 CE/Liferay DXP were released, but the need was known and work has been ongoing trying to get it done.

Right now I'd encourage you to use the 3.1 milestone if only to test the code upgrade tool and report whatever issues you find. When the tool is finally ready and added to Studio, your projects will benefit from your earlier support.