Fórum

Customizing breadcrumbs in theme

A G, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Customizing breadcrumbs in theme

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 01/02/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi all.
I want to build a custom display for breadcrumbs in Liferay 7. I have discovered that I can do it with ADTs. In fact, I have created one from Liferay Portal UI.
I have configured one breadcrumb portlet in one of my pages and the breadcrumbs are correctly displayed according with the ADT.
The problem appears when I include the breadcrumb in portal-normal.ftl in this way: <@liferay.breadcrumbs />
I don´t know what I have to do to show the breadcrumb with the ADT visualization I have just created.
I have been looking for solutions in many web pages, but I haven't found anything. I ' m a beginner in Liferay and I 'm completely lost.
Could you please help me?
Thank you very much
thumbnail
Byran Zaugg, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Customizing breadcrumbs in theme

Expert Postagens: 252 Data de Entrada: 06/04/12 Postagens Recentes
You'll want to set the portlet properties on breadcrumbs, to load your custom ADT.

I believe like this:

&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.setValue("portletSetupPortletDecoratorId", "barebone") /&gt;
&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.setValue("displayStyle", "MY_TLD_ID") /&gt;

&lt;@liferay_portlet["runtime"]
	defaultPreferences="${freeMarkerPortletPreferences}"
	portletProviderAction=portletProviderAction.VIEW
	portletProviderClassName="com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.taglib.ui.BreadcrumbEntry"
/&gt;

&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.reset() /&gt;

See the LDN article, Embedding Portlets in Themes and Layout Templates.

Thank you for the answer Byran
I have tried it, but it didn´t work.: I`ve copied the code you wrote , only changing the ADT id in the displayStyle value, but the breadcrumb style didn´t change, it was the default one. I´ve also tried with the Template Key , but I had the same result. It seems that defaultPreferences are not taken into account.

This is the code I used:

&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.setValue("portletSetupPortletDecoratorId", "barebone") /&gt;
&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.setValue("displayStyle", "36706") /&gt;

&lt;@liferay_portlet["runtime"]
   defaultPreferences="${freeMarkerPortletPreferences}"
    portletProviderAction=portletProviderAction.VIEW
   portletProviderClassName="com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.taglib.ui.BreadcrumbEntry"
/&gt; 
&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.reset() /&gt;

I am completely lost. I don´t know what i´m doing wrong.
I have been working a lot of time in this issue but I cant find a solution emoticon
Do you have any other ideas of what is happening? My Liferay version is 7.0 GA3
Thank you very much.
thumbnail
Byran Zaugg, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 252 Data de Entrada: 06/04/12 Postagens Recentes
I don't, sorry. I'm not very familiar with configuring embedded portlets.

Ok, thanks anyway

If any of you know how to solve this problem, please tell me. I can´t find a solution.

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Marco Endres, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 112 Data de Entrada: 22/08/12 Postagens Recentes
This wokred for me:

&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.setValue("portletSetupPortletDecoratorId", "barebone")&gt;

<nav id="breadcrumbs">
			&lt;@liferay.breadcrumbs default_preferences="${freeMarkerPortletPreferences}"  /&gt;
		</nav>

&lt;#assign VOID = freeMarkerPortletPreferences.reset()&gt;

You can change the default one in the configurations. Also maybe you need to create a new page, because you have already overridden the defaultconfig on the current page you are trying.

good luck emoticon

Greetings

Marco Endres