Fórum

Hiding Control Panel My Account Menu from Users

Paul Allain, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Hiding Control Panel My Account Menu from Users

Junior Member Postagens: 77 Data de Entrada: 03/09/13 Postagens Recentes
Hello Liferay community,

My current requirement is to hide or disable the My Account menu in Control Panel from certain non admin users, see the attached file below.

Specifically I want to hide My Workflow Tasks and the stuff below that. Also My Profile and My Dashboard, essentially leaving just Account Settings and Sign Out.

Any ideas how it's done in Liferay 7.0.2 GA3?

Many thanks

~
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Hiding Control Panel My Account Menu from Users

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Check my blog post covering removing panels. You'd just need to create a new type and don't add any panels to it.
Paul Allain, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Useful article but not exactly what I am after, the comments below indicate that I am in for a bit of hacking if I want to implement a solution:

I think the product menu has the same issue - easy adds now but impossible removes. This technique can be used to solve the problem but you'd have to research to find the right jsp to override.

Looks like in 7.0 everything is up for grabs, if one wants to change something then they need to find the bundle that provides that functionality and override it with their own code. I can see a pattern emerging.

You'd just need to create a new type and don't add any panels to it.

Not sure what you mean by that. Any further pointers to what I need to override and customise?

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
As I indicated in the blog, the panels are added to a specific form navigator ID. In the blog post, I created a form navigator ID and then added the necessary panels to the form navigator ID.

For you, all you should need to do is create a form navigator ID and just don't assign any panels to it. Basically all you'd need is the JSP fragment bundle override to assign an unused navigator id.
Anji E, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 49 Data de Entrada: 18/11/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi Paul ,
We have same requirement , I.e we need to hide my workflow task and other menu from left navigation menu . Please share the solution
Paul Allain, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Sorry guys I've moved on since then without a solution.
Jacopo Bartolini, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 28 Data de Entrada: 19/01/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi Paul,
have you achieved your result? In case, would you mind sharing your solution with us?

Thanks in advance,
Jacopo