Fórum

Liferay Faces Alloy Problems on Liferay Portal 6.2.5 and Weblogic 12.1.3

Panagiotis Nikolakeas, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Faces Alloy Problems on Liferay Portal 6.2.5 and Weblogic 12.1.3

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 05/03/17 Postagens Recentes
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a brand new application on liferay portal 6.2.5 which runs on top of weblogic 12.1.3.0

The dependency matrix of my application is as follows.
  • Mojarra 2.2.13
  • RichFaces 4.5.17.Final
  • Liferay Faces Alloy 2.0.0 (Aug 29, 2016 AD)
  • Liferay Faces Bridge Implementation 4.0.0 (Aug 30, 2016 AD)
  • Liferay Faces Bridge Ext 3.0.0 (Aug 29, 2016 AD)

Although, Richfaces components render and operate quite good on my target architecture, I face a severe problem related with tLiferay Faces Alloy components. To elaborate on this, as an example I would say that inside my .xhtml page a have this snippet <alloy:field id="lastNameField" label="Last Name"> but unfortunately this field is not being rendered at all! This field is missing from DOM after the application loading, without even a simple error. Extremely weird behavior which must be resolved.

After this finding, I was trying to deploy the official liferay example "richfaces-applicant-portlet" which combines richfaces and liferay faces toolkits as a reference implementation but unfortunately I had the same inference / behavior. Only richfaces components operate properly, not the liferay faces!

Have you ever tested this application, richfaces-applicant-portlet, on weblogic server? Would you have a suggestion regarding this problem ?

Any help would be much appreciated !!! Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Faces Alloy Problems on Liferay Portal 6.2.5 and Weblogic 12.1.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2655 Data de Entrada: 27/07/05 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I just checked our test results and we tested the richfaces-applicant-portlet on WebLogic 12.1.3.0 (12c R1). The results indicate that we tested with Mojarra 2.1 (and not 2.2 as you listed for your environment). WebLogic 12.1.3 was released in June of 2014 which means it is limited to Java EE 6 (JSF 2.1). Java EE 7 (JSF 2.2) wasn't released until July of 2015 and WebLogic didn't support Java EE 7 for some time after that.

If you need to rely on JSF 2.2 then I recommend that you upgrade to WebLogic 12.2.1.1.0 (12c R2) which comes with Mojarra 2.2. However, if you are an EE customer then you might want to check with Liferay support in order to make sure that newer versions of WebLogic are supported for Liferay Portal 6.2. It might be that only Liferay Portal 7/DXP is supported for newer versions of WebLogic.

No matter which version of WebLogic you choose, you will need to upgrade Mojarra to a newer version. We have scripts/instructions that can help you do that.

Kind Regards,

Neil