Fórum

Liferay DXP production ready?

David Weitzel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay DXP production ready?

Junior Member Postagens: 65 Data de Entrada: 07/10/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I have been asked to ascertain if others are going live on Liferay DXP (EE) yet? We are trying to schedule our work for this year and in particular when we will do an upgrade . This impacts whether new functions will be built from scratch for DXP or if we have to develop a 6.2 version knowing DXP will be coming.
Is there a list of references or at least installations that can be looked at?
Or may be this starts a thread of such references. If you have gone live please respond and indicate if you had an update and key messages learned.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay DXP production ready?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I have one project that went live with DXP in January.

Two other projects in active development but, because of allowing for team ramp up, they are planned for Q3 launch, so it is not related to DXP readiness.

I've been using DXP for a year now, before the first GA. I had some problems up front, but things have settled down a lot, especially since Service Pack 1 came out last year.

We're now up to Fix Pack 11 and I understand SP 2 is just around the corner although I don't have any release date information.

I don't think you should wait any longer. DXP will only get better as time goes on and you have to allow for time to tackle the upgrade and learn the OSGi ropes. So now would seem to be the best time to get started!
David Weitzel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 65 Data de Entrada: 07/10/15 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for the quick reply David, keeping up your record!

Do you know if HP Partner web site has gone live yet or the others discussed at NAS 2016?

I recall an Italian bank was scheduled to go live by the end of the year. It is weird that there aren't any references in the marketing sections of the web site so our management is concerned.

We are starting development for DXP but management need reassurance that a go live in mid year will be stable enough having had now real down time for a few years on 6.2 EE. 90% of activity is content management - 100GB pdfs and word docs, thousands of journal articles with lots of categorization and tagging.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
David Weitzel:
Do you know if HP Partner web site has gone live yet or the others discussed at NAS 2016?

IIRC they are live but not in DXP. I believe they were pushed through the upgrade process to vet a large upgrade process.

I recall an Italian bank was scheduled to go live by the end of the year. It is weird that there aren't any references in the marketing sections of the web site so our management is concerned.

Well, not for banks. They tend to be paranoid about sharing info w/ the outside world as they don't want to give hackers any info they might try to use as an attack vector.

We are starting development for DXP but management need reassurance that a go live in mid year will be stable enough having had now real down time for a few years on 6.2 EE. 90% of activity is content management - 100GB pdfs and word docs, thousands of journal articles with lots of categorization and tagging.

I would say that most of this at this point has been put through the paces. We are up to FP11, so there have been lots of updates related to client-submitted tickets as well as some originating from issues.liferay.com as reported by the open source community.

I would say that a mid year launch is not going to be a problem (feel free to quote me on that emoticon). Starting now you give yourselves time to work through upgrades and build up your knowledge on building and deploying to DXP.