Fórum

Responsive design dropdown pagination css change on breakpoint tablet

Mihael Palfi, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Responsive design dropdown pagination css change on breakpoint tablet

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/01/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi

I am struggling to find a solution for a problem that a customer wants. On documents and media portlet we are displaying some files to download. When resizing screen to a tablet/phone size the page number dropdown is changed and shown in the middle of the screen. How can I disable this functionality?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Responsive design dropdown pagination css change on breakpoint tablet

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
If you refresh the page at those dims, is the page number dropdown there?

What version of Liferay are you using? How did you implement responsive?

If your answer to the first question is no, the page number dropdown is not there, then I would argue that there is no reason to fix the issue. Folks with tablets have a fixed dimension and won't be growing/shrinking for desktop size, this is just something you're doing to test responsive in the desktop. Clearly something is broken, but it is likely not going to be a significant and real issue.

I mean, desktop users rarely change their dims on their browser windows, it's just something we developers will do during testing.

But if it does need fixed, it's likely going to point to something in your responsive implementation.
Mihael Palfi, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Responsive design dropdown pagination css change on breakpoint tablet

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/01/17 Postagens Recentes
Hi David

Thank you for the replay

The liferay version is 6.2 ga6
No it's not a bug or something. Its part of the responsive design. when the screen gets smaller for tablets and phones. When the screen is bigger the dropdown is positioned at the bottom of the page numbering button. This style of the dropdown should be the same for screen sizes for tablet an mobile. I can't find where this breakpoint css staying is located in Liferay so i can disable it. So that default one remains when a screen is smaller.

In the attached image, you can see how it should look for all screen size.