Fórum

LR7GA3: Default DL permissions per site?

Kim Zeevaarders, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

LR7GA3: Default DL permissions per site?

Junior Member Postagens: 82 Data de Entrada: 07/09/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I know i can change the default document library permissions for site-members by editing the documentlibrary.xml file in the resource-actions folder of the portal-impl.jar.

However, these settings apply to ALL sites that use the DL.

Is there a way to configure the default DL permissions for site members on a "per-site" basis?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Kim
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: LR7GA3: Default DL permissions per site?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Kim Zeevaarders:
I know i can change the default document library permissions for site-members by editing the documentlibrary.xml file in the resource-actions folder of the portal-impl.jar.

Eeek! Never ever do this, it is un maintainable and will expose you to upgrade issues.

Is there a way to configure the default DL permissions for site members on a "per-site" basis?

Well, not that I'm aware of. If I had to implement this, though, I would likely approach this as either a model listener or perhaps a service wrapper. Either way you get a chance to affect change, so you could apply different resource permissions and even differentiate across different sites.

The upshot of this path is that it won't cause you problems when it comes time to deploy LR7GA4...
Kim Zeevaarders, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: LR7GA3: Default DL permissions per site?

Junior Member Postagens: 82 Data de Entrada: 07/09/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi David,

Eeek! Never ever do this, it is un maintainable and will expose you to upgrade issues.

That's exactly what happened emoticon

Could you please explain which alternative exists to customizing these default permissions other than directly editing the fiel in portal-impl.jar?

Also regarding the permissions-per-site: Could you please point me in the correct direction how to set up such a model-listener/service wrapper?

Or can both goals be accomplished with the same solution?

In Liferay 7 i am struggling to understand these concepts of overriding and how and where to apply them...

Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Kim