Fórum

Kaleo Workflow metadata

Tomek T, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Kaleo Workflow metadata

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 27/08/15 Postagens Recentes
Can anyone please explain me, what is the purpose of METADATA tag within Kaleo Workflow definition, and moreover where the hell can I know the possible contents of it from?? Is there ANY realy usefull Documentation of this Kaleo Workflow Engine (I don't mean poor-as-always Liferay's documentation on that topic - because there is even NO-WORD about metadata, although they are used in every simple example)? It seems there are thousends of people writing workflow definitions out there, and each example on the Internet involves <metadata> tags, but there's purely no information about this mysterious tag (along with it's 'xy' - 'bendpoints' - 'transitions' and others werid contents) at all.. emoticon Thank you in advance!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Kaleo Workflow metadata

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
They have no effect on the workflow itself, it is the data used by the gui workflow designer and represents visual details on the pane.
Tomek T, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 27/08/15 Postagens Recentes
Thank you David for very quick answer!

So short sentence making things so much clearer!! Why couldn't that be stated directly in official documentation??

Nevertheless.. Thank you once again! emoticon
thumbnail

There's official documentation? emoticon
Matt Flaherty, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 20/07/16 Postagens Recentes
Joking aside, no. Not really. Not for DXP anyway. The docs for earlier versions seems quite good. I tried to follow the 6.2 tutorial for the example Ticket Process, but this failed on many levels. I actually have a support ticket open about the lack of workflow documentation for DXP, and another about how the Groovy script editor doesn't work in the latest Liferay Developer Studio. The docs mention a number of key aspects to workflow that need to be understood:

• Enabling workflow
  • Designing review processes
  • Uploading workflow definitions
  • Configuring assets to use workflows
  • Using workflow with other applications

The docs then cover the first aspect and go no further. The earlier docs don't really help, as there seem to be significant changes. It would really be great to have some decent documentation here. The new portal has been available for almost a year now, but I don't know how customers are expected to learn how to use these tools without good working examples.
thumbnail

Documentation has been a long-time issue. Liferay is working to get more out, but it takes a while.

But they will accept PRs with new doco if you want to generate some.

I think the idea is that the concepts covered in previous versions still apply, even if there are some interface changes and "minor" implementation differences.

YMMV of course.
Matt Flaherty, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 20/07/16 Postagens Recentes
Some interface changes and minor implementation differences include the lack of a Kaleo Forms Display portlet in DXP and the addition of a Kaleo Designer plugin for EE that runs inside the portal and is quite useful to know about. I'm fortunate to have stumbled upon that in Neil Jin's technical blog. A working tutorial would go a long way. I'd consider writing one if it weren't the case that I actually need one.