Fórum

Creating a new theme

thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Creating a new theme

Liferay Master Postagens: 878 Data de Entrada: 08/10/07 Postagens Recentes
I just installed Liferay and want to create a new theme for it. I started reading documentation and it says:

On Windows enter the following instead:

create.bat deep-blue "Deep Blue"

I can't find this create.bat file - where is it located? I also downloaded the development environment, but I don't see a new theme project there, there are ones for portlet, hook, service builder, template, but I don't see theme.

Can someone please point me to the right direction?

I would like to avoid installing IDE, I just want to have a separate project with ant build script - I work in corporate environment and I need to do builds on a different machine from the checked out source, so can't install IDE there.
thumbnail

RE: Creating a new theme

Ok, I found a new theme creation in IDE, but I want to have an independent build with ant file - is it possible?

Also, looks like I need to hook to a runtime, I already have a weblogic runtime, is it possible to hook to it, or I need to create a new Tomcat one and then deploy manually onto weblogic?
thumbnail

Ok, just answering my questions, looks like PluginSDK is the way to go, found here:

http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/additional-files

I might write as I discover more issues.
thumbnail
path finder liferay, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 262 Data de Entrada: 18/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,
I am back after a quite some time. Now I started LR 6.0 with themes. I created a new theme using cmd prompt(c:LR-6.0.6/themes/mytheme>create new "new") and I tried to deploy it using ant deploy.

But I am not able to deploy as it is giving the following error
D:\netbeans_liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6\themes\build-common-theme.xml:114: The following error occurred while executi
ng this line:
D:\netbeans_liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6\themes\build-common-theme.xml:129: D:\netbeans_liferay\bundles\tomcat-6.0.29\
lib\ext not found.

I don't find a solution for it.emoticon

Pls help me,

Thanks,
thumbnail
Sergio González Barrios, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 65 Data de Entrada: 27/04/11 Postagens Recentes
To make a deploy you have to do it from cmd prompt using this command from your folder theme: ant deploy

In your situation:c:LR-6.0.6/themes/new -> ant deploy

you have to have and apache ant tomcat in your computer to execute this command.

I hope to help you
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Are you using Liferay SDK to create the theme? If yes, you need to set up the properties in
build.[yourid].properties.

Main directories are

app.server.type=weblogic
app.server.dir=C:/bea/user_projects/domains/
app.server.deploy.dir=${app.server.dir}/autodeploy
app.server.lib.global.dir=${app.server.dir}/lib
app.server.portal.dir=C:/#tmp/portal-web/

auto.deploy.dir=${app.server.dir}/../deploy

those directories should exist, so the build script can work.
thumbnail

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I did all the things, but no luck there emoticon , still the same problem. By the problem statement I thunk it is asking for some ext related library or folder in bundles of tomcat dir.(hope you saw my last post which u replied). But I am not able to find that folder, since that is not available.

waiting for your reply,

Thanks,
thumbnail

Just create the directory and see if it works. Build scripts require some directories to be there even though they don't use files from the directories.
thumbnail

Hi,
thanx for your reply. Now I created a theme and trying to create a drop down menu. But cant find any help to get thru it emoticon . Do you have any suggetions.

thanx for helping me out,
Path finder.
thumbnail

you can reuse Liferay default theme, it already has a dropdown menu integrated. I think the default theme is pretty good, I would use it as a start for your theme - it is not cluttered, very good start for your own theme.
thumbnail

Hi Roman,
Thanx for your replies. Now I used the drop down menus of Classic Theme and now I want to try images in some space of a portal. Is it possible without using a portlet. I want to create an image and a series of images down under for the introduction page.
thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 174 Data de Entrada: 05/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

You could make a webcontent object with a structure and a template for this.

Maarten
thumbnail

Hi Maarten,
I want to use some space of a page for the images(as like in a welcome page images of a website). Do you web content display portlet or you said some template, now I am using liferay6 templates. There I am unable to create a row with 2 columns having later column again to be 2 rows.

If you understood help me please or I will elaborate it in detail in the next post.