Fórum

Voice search

deepak gupta, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Voice search

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 21/02/14 Postagens Recentes
I have a requirement to implement voice search which will support 10 languages .Next to search box, One mice icon will appear same as Google.com .System will start listing your voice, Once you click on the mice icon and query the keyword you spoke .

Any idea, how to implement this feature in Liferay ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Voice search (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Just quit now. Go to a project that has actual, attainable requirements.

Seriously. I mean, who is doing this? Google (multi billion dollar company with unlimited funds and a brain trust that cannot be matched in most development shops).

Who's not doing it? Yahoo. Bing. Ask. IBM. Liferay. All big companies of varying size that choose not to throw money away on "pie in the sky" projects.

Who else won't be doing it? You.

Let's break it down so it is easy to understand. That little microphone requires speech to text support, a lot of AI and natural language processing, ... Lots of hardware for all of that processing to do the translation before the user just cancels and types in the request.

The cheapest/easiest solution? Let the browser record the query and then ship that to a massive call center for humans to translate into a character-based search query entered on behalf of the user.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Voice search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
I think I agree with David. Find someone who has already done it and provides a service API (I think Google has something) and integrate with it.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Voice search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
I'm with Amos and David on this one. I did see a marketplace plugin a few months ago that did some voice stuff with Liferay, but I never tried it. You could check that out maybe https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/38535824 .... I doubt it's doing what you are after though.