Fórum

Liferay Rating API

azhar shaikh, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Rating API

Junior Member Postagens: 43 Data de Entrada: 29/08/15 Postagens Recentes
Hello Everyone,
I have used liferay-ui:rating tag for Like in my portlet.
Now I need to perform custom action such as notify the user whose content is liked.So how can I achieve this.
i have already gone through the liferay src and found rating.js and page.jsp.
There is one attribute "url" in liferay-ui:rating tag I cannot find any documentation on what it does ?
I created a action handler and passed its url. Now when I click thumbs button the handler is getting called but the ratings api is not updated
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Rating API

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Azhar,

One way you could do this is to write a portal hook, I'm not sure which liferay version you're using but here's the 6.2 docs:
https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/6-2/overriding-a-portal-service-using-a-hook

You can override the RatingsEntryLocalServiceImpl.updateEntry() method and from there, you can send an email to the original asset's creator looked up by the className and classPK.

Amos Fong:
Hi Azhar,

One way you could do this is to write a portal hook, I'm not sure which liferay version you're using but here's the 6.2 docs:
https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/6-2/overriding-a-portal-service-using-a-hook

You can override the RatingsEntryLocalServiceImpl.updateEntry() method and from there, you can send an email to the original asset's creator looked up by the className and classPK.

Hi Amos,
I am using liferay 6.2.
There is url attribute in tag.I have passed an action url in that my handler is getting called but I dnt know how rating api works.I cannot find any document about Rating API
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
You shouldn't have to pass a URL in the taglib. I think it's if you want to have a custom action when users rate the asset. If you leave it blank, there should a default action that updates the ratings data.

Looking at the source code is probably the best documentation for this if you can't find it at dev.liferay.com.

RE: Liferay Rating API (Resposta)

Thanks for your help.I have found a solution.I wanted to notify user when someone comments on there post.
I have completed this by creating a resource handler .Will be posting the solution code soon